• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG games

DazzerS

Spectator
Reaction score
I have an idea. Every game that survival games is going on you guys should have at least one or two mods watching so they can easily spot hackers so people can have a good game. But if you don't have a lot of admins or mods it doesn't have to be in every game. This is my suggestion.

Upward

Platinum
Reaction score
That would be very difficult to accomplish. There are not that many staff to watch every single SG game that is going on. A lot of the mods are still in school, and can not be on when a majority of the games are being played.

Plus, we try to rely on some of the community members to report the players who are breaking the rules and using hacked clients. A simple /report goes a long way. I can't really speak for every mod, but I am very active on the /reports. I am constantly checking the reports, and checking out the players who do get reported. If you really want to help the community, and get those pesky hackers you could always record them, and make a report abuse. Making a report abuse is the best way to get a hacker banned. Even if you cant record, or for whatever reason you don't want to do /report you could always come to the hub and let a member of the staff team know that there is a hacker.

Thanks for the report! Have a nice day!

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Assuming the leader boards are numbering SG games consecutively, there have been almost 8 million games played between the stats reset (1st April last year) and today.... a total of 329 days. That means on average 24,000-25,000 sg games are started per 24 hours with 1 sg game starting every 3.5 seconds. Saying each game lasts 20 minutes that means there are 350 sg games going on right now.

We have around 80 mods and 20 sr mods, so even if they were all on at exactly the same time (which is impossible anyway) they would only be about the spectate a third of the games running currently. And in that time few hundred games would be starting anyways.

Lets say you need 15 minutes to spectate a game, find a hacker and record sufficient evidence of them, then upload it in the background and give the ban (15 mins is pushing it tbh). SO that's 4 games an hour so, assuming these people don't eat, sleep, or ever leave their computer right? So more realistically, if a mod does this for 4 hours a day, that's 16 games and 16 hackers. To spec all the games we would need a figure that is more like 1,500 mods, and then couple thousand if we want to take timezones into consideration, giving us a number close on the amount of total players mcsg has a peak time. #math !

Sorry for the rambling mess that is probably inac
curate but i wanted you to understand how this is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE

DazzerS

Spectator
Reaction score
or probably because it would never work, did you read any of the other posts?
I was giving an idea geez. I didn't say that it would work I was just giving a suggestion and he had to come in and be mean about it like all someone could say is a reason why it wouldn't work then I would get it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci