• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates SG Map Updates - 24th July 2015

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Today we bring you a pretty substantial map update. Included in this update are a total of 4 new maps, multiple map fixes but also unfortunately some map retirements.

The New Maps are Winterhaven, Bayside, Ragnarok: Gods Fate and last but not least Rebellions District.

There are updates for Fallen Empire, Treacherous Heights V2, Thorndon Valley and also Baroque.

The maps being retired are Fortress Pyke, Shady Hollow, Survival Kingdom
(24 player only), Teweran SG3: Futuristic City and also The Lost Zoo.

Map Name: "WinterHaven"
Created by TeamElite

This map was created by TeamElite to celebrate their recent 3rd Birthday/Anniversary.

"Winterhaven is a small and peaceful ski resort burrowed into the remote mountains of North America. Visitors have been reappearing at the resort for over a century, until one foggy December day everything changes for the worse. Due to harsh conditions within the ski resort everyone is forced to evacuate immediately. Now it's up to 24 players to fight for justice of Winterhaven. Could you be the victor?"

This map is being added to all 24 Player Servers.

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/winterhaven.200954/

Map Name: "Bayside"
Created by Team Invictus

This map was created by Team Invictus to celebrate their 1st Birthday/Anniversary which has just Occurred.

Bayside is a beautiful seaside resort with many popular attractions for tourists to visit - local aquarium, Ferris wheel, the beach, a ride in a balloon, the list goes on and on. Oh and of course what could be more memorable than a fight to the death with 23 other tourists. It looked so nice and idyllic in the brochure. I guess that's probably the reason why the tickets were so cheap.

Will you live to tell your friends about your holiday from hell? Only time will tell...

This map will be added to all of the 24 Player servers.

Map Name: "Ragnarok: Gods' Fate"

Created by AW1996

"Traveling back in time.. a few thousand years ago to the roots of Northern European society, you find yourself in the middle of a fight between gods and giants, in an age when the Vikings make for a place and look to expand overseas by conquering new territories.
But you're not one of those mariners, you're a fighter that strives to obliterate the other 23 tributes in remembrance of the fallen godfather Odin.
You start your adventure on the market place of Haithabu, an old Viking settlement. Will you make your way upcountry? Or will you follow your leader Ragnar and set sail?"

This map is being added to all 24 Player Servers.

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/ragnarok-gods-fate-24-players.187683/

Map Name: "Rebellion's District"
Created by Sanders

"Welcome to Rebellion's District all! A Survival Games map based upon the original Hunger Games District 13 and several other Survival Games maps. The map consists of 2 section's known as "The surface" and "The underground". The Idea for Rebellion's District was to create two maps connected to each other by tunnels to create an new and interesting way of playing Survival Games."

This map is being added to all 24 Player Servers. A 48 Player version of this map will also be coming soon.

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/rebellions-district.117395/

There have also been a number of fixes to a number of maps in the last few months since the last map push. Here is a full list of all of the fixes.

1- Fallen Empire 2.0 Spawns have been fixed (one was previously on top of a tower).

2- Some Holes in the Dome on Treacherous Heights V2 were fixed (again).

3- Deathmatch Spawn fixed on Thorndon Valley.

4- Baroque has had a few small changes made to it's spawn and cornucopia.

Unfortunately, it's now got to the sad part of this map update... yes that's right... the Map Removals. It's always sad when maps are retired from our servers.

The maps that will be retired/removed will be as follows...

♦ Fortress Pyke - 24 Player
♦ Shady Hollow - 24 Player
♦ Survival Kingdom - 24 Player *
♦ Teweran Survival Games 3: Futuristic City - 24 Player
♦ The Lost Zoo - 24 Player

*Survival Kingdom will remain on the 48 Player Servers due to there being significantly less 48 player maps than there are 24 player maps.

For full transparency, here is a list of the lower played maps along with how many times each map has been played every week for the last 5 weeks. Hopefully explain why the maps above are being removed. Maps Highlighed are the maps being removed.

I know that some of you will be annoyed, unhappy or angry at the decision to remove these maps and I can understand however unfortunately sometimes it gets to the point where older, less played maps need to be retired. So once again I apologise for these maps being removed but I hope you can understand why we've done this.

I do however thank all the Map Makers who helped create all of those maps for their contributions to the server and I really do appreciate the work you put into the maps.

Turkish Translation - http://bit.ly/1eqSIQH

Last edited:

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
R.I.P. Survival Kingdom, one of my favorite maps ever :c
Anyway, it's good to see that maps are being removed, since I've made a multitude of complaints that there was an over-surplus of maps, so I'm glad the less popular ones are hitting the bench.
Some sort of weekly, bi-weekly or monthly map rotation would be so awesome.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Congrats to all the map makers. Especially happy to see Sanders's Rebellion's District now on the servers. Can't wait to play all these maps, great update!

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Whenever I see these map update threads I never want to look at them because I know they're just going to remove more underplayed, older maps that are the only reason I still play on this server.

EDIT: Yet they still keep Valentines, a map created for Valentines day which was over 5 months ago now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci