• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sponsoring Notes

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
Thread move to Survival Game Feature Suggestions.

Anyway, maybe we could have a thing where you could do commands like /gf or /gg or something like that once you die. This would send the message "Good Game" or "Good Fight" to the player that killed you. You could only perform the command once per game of course to prevent spam.
Haha I'm pretty sure the command /gf is a command to de-ghost you known as ''ghost fix''

Eddy

District 13
Reaction score
Indtroduction
So a very VERY brought upon topic has been some sort of way to sponsor notes but every time it has come up there has always been opposition and ways that it would severely effect the course and the idea of the game. I think I have found some ways around it and with some tweaks here and there it could be very useful tool to some players.

Idea
So two main things that would be terrible in this situation would be 1. Abuse with the notes, meaning after someone died they would send the person that killed them a note trash talking and hating on them. 2. Giving Directions, with chat teams if one person died they would just sponsor their team mate a note giving them directions to where all of the players were which would obviously give the player a HUGE advantage over others.

Solution
For the Abuse you could limit the notes to 50 or 75 characters, this would limit intense abuse. There could also be a 60 second cooldown after you die to send a note and between notes meaning the player would have to wait a while to even have to trash talk and it would make many players very impatient and would end up giving up and leaving. Lastly the note could cost 1000-2000 points to even make which would limit a high amount of notes and if the player really wanted to trash talk/abuse they would spend points and time to do so as well as the limitations on characters. The limitations on characters would also limit extensive directions and the cooldown between notes and after death would mean they could not send multiple notes giving detailed descriptions of the player's locations. The points to buy each notes would also obviously limit the amount of notes they could even buy because so far ive seen usually around 1000-4000 points for each player which would mean only a few notes to be used.

Advantage
I have been in many situations where I see a player I know and I want there Skype or I want to be able to contact them further but I die so I cannot message them and I have to wait until they die or for the game to end instead of just sending them a note saying Hi and asking them for their skype.

[More to be added or edited in the near future, please leave your comments and questions in your replies :p]
doss threats!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
ayy lmao with all them tests you've taken surely you learned how to properly spell introduction

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
I think a GUI with a list of preset messages would be a better option. Moderating those messages would be very difficult.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci