• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sponsoring - Update - Vote here on future updates

Sponsor update

• [DON'T VOTE] Should we change the items?

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes - Winner

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • [DON'T VOTE] Should we make it one purchase per spectator?

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Yes - Winner

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mooman219

Platinum
Reaction score
Voting has closed for the sponsor update. The items will be changed and spectators will only be able to sponsor once. The new items are being voted on here.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----​

Also see the possible chest update thread here

Voting for this round of updates will end Thursday and the update should be ready by Friday.

I heard players don't get enough input in the server, so I'm putting gameplay updates in the feature suggestion section and letting them be voted on. I hope this helps close the gap between the game and the players. You guys make the community, you all rock :D.
Right now, there is a lot of talk about sponsoring other players in game. Most of the arguments to remove it include balancing the game. Here are some possible updates that I will implement into the plugin if the community decides they want them.

Question 1: Should we change the items?

These are some new items I had in mind to use over the potions. Point costs will be decided later if you like this idea. (This item list is NOT final, just using it as an example.)
  1. Gold ingot
  2. Iron ingot
  3. Leather
  4. Sticks
  5. Bow
  6. Arrow
  7. Mushroom soup
  8. Vines
  9. Flint and steel
If this update is voted upon, we will take another vote on items to be put into the sponsor list.

Question 2: Should we make it one purchase per spectator?

Right now, once you buy an item, you can no longer buy that item for the rest of the game. This feature idea will add another limitation, a player may only buy an item once per game.

If this update is voted upon, a player will only be able to sponsor once per game.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
Yes if flint and steel is less common. :p I also voted on the [Don't Vote]s for the lulz

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The first option is better than having potions that gives a slightly unfair advantage to other players.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Potions are indeed way too overpowered. I like those ideas a lot better...although it will need some tweaking. As it is, sticks and ingots are only helpful to people if the specs know they actually need it, thus catering to people who are talking through a voice program. (Teams.) I think that would need to be changed, unless the specs are going to get the ability to see inventories. (I like this idea, actually. :p)

Glitchy

Experienced
Reaction score
As much fun as I had sponsoring people with invisibility potions, and strength potions... I agree they are overpowered. :3
They were like my little ninjas.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I voted yes, then no because I think that some of the potions are OP. I think that the costs should be reduced, and the items should be changed to have less of an effect on the game.

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
I really like both of these ideas. I have not played since mcsgv2 came out, but just hearing about the potions, and knowing how they can get, the sponsoring system could really use a...calmer....system.

Matt90008

Experienced
Reaction score
Potions were boring, super expensive, and ridiculously overpowered.

I love the new ideas. Its balanced (until we see prices) and just more realistic IMO.

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, I love the potions and the current sponsor system. I think it's a great way to implement them into SG. People are saying it's overpowered, so maybe if they costed a little more? To be quite honest, I have barely seen anyone actually give them to people.

Matt90008

Experienced
Reaction score
Personally, I love the potions and the current sponsor system. I think it's a great way to implement them into SG. People are saying it's overpowered, so maybe if they costed a little more? To be quite honest, I have barely seen anyone actually give them to people.
And that seems to be the problem. People don't use it because its too expensive. And the other problem is because its so overpowered that it wouldn't be balanced if they did lower the price.

Then people would spam it. So here we are deciding what to do.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Potions are fun, but incredibly overpowered (e.g. Today I took out a team of two pros with equal gear to me in ~5 seconds, without losing more than 3 hearts). I would like them to remain in, but to be incredibly expensive, so that you can only really get one in a rather long period of time. I think that the lower point (e.g. Around the costs we have now, or possibly a bit lower) items could be made up of ingots, weak swords, leather armor, bows, arrows, and uncooked food. Then, in a higher tier of costs, you could have diamonds, cooked food, and good armor. However, if this were to be implemented, you would need it to be balanced very well to avoid being overpowered. A variant to the second suggestion which might serve to make this more fair is to, instead of only being able to buy a certain item once per game, to only be able to sponsor someone once a game. This way, a high pointed friend could not simply sponsor someone OP gear/potions, which they could with the current system, or even with the idea of only being able to sponsor an item once per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci