• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Story of my Life (400th Post Special)

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey, my name is Matt and this is my 400th post special! So without further ado, here is my story:

I was born on the 16th of December 2000 (which makes me one of the last 20th century kids). Growing up, I made some great friends, but never stuck around ‘cause we moved a lot.

Fast-forwarding a couple of years, here I was starting school. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks (because nobody new nobody) but when other started making friends, everyone just rejected me.

In year 3 I had my very first computer class. I wasn’t amazing at it (because I had never seen a computer before) but after a bit I became really good at working with computers and pretty much found out my talent. In year 5 when other kids were learning how to use a keyboard/mouse I was placed in a “geek” class where I was learning the basics of programming. My teacher talked to my parents about how talented I was and they decided to get me my own computer. This came with ups and downs though. I learned a lot in that class but everyone saw me as that one nerd who had nothing to do than study computer science. That’s when the bullying began. On one side I had people trying to be friends with me, hoping that I would let them copy from me during tests, and on the other side I had people bullying me physically and mentally.

To only make things worse within 6 months I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder, panic attack disorder, and worse of all crohn's disease. Crohn’s disease is an uncurable but treatable disease that manifests through severe diarrhea, mad fever, abdominal cramps, weight loss and in turn depression.

I was forced to switch to online schooling as it allowed me to go at my own pace. On some days I would wake up ready for life and to take on a new challenge, and on some days I would wake up thinking about what the most effective way of killing myself was. It was that bad. Anyway, I would say that switching to online schooling only did me good. That’s when I discovered the online world. In 2014 I finally convinced my parents to buy me this game called Minecraft that I saw on YouTube.

I logged onto MCSG for the first time and I will never forget it. I was on the TeamSpeak when BoloFTW joined my channel. He was pretty much my only friend at the time. As time went on I made more and more friends and realized that the online life was for me.

Had I lived in any other age one of two things would’ve happened to me: 1: Crohn’s disease would’ve killed me or 2. I would’ve been the loneliest person on earth. The only good thing this has taught me is to not take things for granted and to cherish every moment of life because someone out there probably has worse than me and might not even be able to treat it. I chose to look at all the things that I can still do, rather than to look at everything I can’t do.

MysticZen

Survivor
Reaction score
Intriguing story. Although I cannot quite relate to the disorders/Crohn's disease, I can relate to the bullying that you received as a result of being interested (and good) in computer-related studies. It actually wasn't too bad when I was younger, but once I went into high school and started typing at speeds that are 2-3x the speeds of my classmates, they start to get a little mean.

It's nice that you're sharing a story like this, since it allows people to see a side of you that they may not have known about before. It also allows people to relate, and share their own stories, which somewhat helps liven up the forums a bit.

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
Intriguing story. Although I cannot quite relate to the disorders/Crohn's disease, I can relate to the bullying that you received as a result of being interested (and good) in computer-related studies. It actually wasn't too bad when I was younger, but once I went into high school and started typing at speeds that are 2-3x the speeds of my classmates, they start to get a little mean.

It's nice that you're sharing a story like this, since it allows people to see a side of you that they may not have known about before. It also allows people to relate, and share their own stories, which somewhat helps liven up the forums a bit.
<3

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
I was born on the 16th of December 2000 (which makes me one of the last 20th century kids).
I think you screwed that sentence up. More importantly however, your story touched me. I cannot relate to many of the terrible things you witnessed, however, I am glad that the story had a happy ending. Here is the meme for you...

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
I think you screwed that sentence up. More importantly however, your story touched me. I cannot relate to many of the terrible things you witnessed, however, I am glad that the story had a happy ending. Here is the meme for you...
1: I didn't, the 20th century ended in 2000 and thw 21st began in 2001.
2: Huehuehue

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
1: I didn't, the 20th century ended in 2000 and thw 21st began in 2001.
2: Huehuehue
The 21st century started in the year 2000, and December 6th 2000 is after the year 2000, therefore in the 21st century.

Matt |

Platinum
Reaction score
"The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on 1 January 2001 and will end on 31 December 2100. It is the first century of the 3rd millennium." Wikipedia

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
"The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on 1 January 2001 and will end on 31 December 2100. It is the first century of the 3rd millennium." Wikipedia
Yeah, you're right. I forgot that there was no year zero.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci