• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Survival Games: Breeze Island

Do you like this map?

• yes

Votes: 839 79.5%
  • no

Votes: 217 20.5%

• Total voters

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This map is now officially on the MCSG servers, on servers 1-24 on EU/US and 1-4 on AU.

A small tropical island in a vast ocean is Breeze Island, which is the location for the Minecraft Survival Games!

Video Coming Soon (hopefully) (ok, probably never)

Awesome Painting generous curtesy of Liam R

This is a small scale survival games map intended to be played with 12-24 tributes. There is one main island, with the majority of the chests on it, and some surrounding islands with some available loot if you want to swim. Due to the small size of the map, the intention is that their will be lots of fighting, and tributes can never be too far away from some one else willing to kill them. Although it is so small, it doesn't lack resources, and there are many well hidden chests throughout the map. The cornucopia is visible from many parts of the island, so camping there for the restock at sunset has its extra risk. There are several traps and puzzles hidden through the island as well.

The map is 500 blocks in diameter. A glass dome surrounds the map preventing any escape for the tributes. The major intention is to focus the tributes together, so that games are much quicker, chests on the main island may be looted quicker, and tributes will need to act fast if they want to stand a chance of surviving.

Please leave any suggestions in the thread. I consider it a finished map, but I am still willing to add or change anything to make it better. Please consider downloading it to take a look at it.

Moar Pics:

Mediafire Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xhmac4m0309rk29

If you would like to participate in the video, please tell me in the thread.

Update!

If you just want to host a game with friends, but don't have the plugins for the original map, here is the download link for the map where all the chests are full, and there is a lever in a small host's area that pushes the pistons up in the starting booth, enabling tributes to start. It is possible for the host to quickly pull the lever and get to a booth before the game starts, however having a host is recommended so that chests in the middle can be refilled at sunset. Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9i8fcwa9aa1ednc

Also, Breeze Island 1.1 is out, but all that it includes is some minor terrain changes to make it more natural looking. Chests and routes should not be affected. No new chests or areas yet, but there are plans for more in the future. Download update here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qi2ne8v976rjt9l

Picture of a bit of the changes

Another Update!

New features include a small new rocky island with a little surprise on it, and the minecart chest no longer exists. Instead, you have to pull a lever where the minecart originally started to unlock a chest where the minecart would come out. This will probably be the last update i do to breeze island.

Update Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?a73tjt3mpl50ahe

Chad: Any chance more tier 2 chests can be added, maybe 1 on each area outside the main island? For instance, volcano chest, gold room chest, ship mast chest, and chests on the waterfall and birch islands.

Attachments

TECHN0B

Survivor
Reaction score
Small, which would make it good for the 24 people games but i can't see this map housing more people. But it is definitely well executed, well done!

Bal31

Survivor
Reaction score
I would like to be in the video :D looks really nice.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its WAAYYYY small. Which could be a problem. I love your cornucopia! I think you, have a better chance of having this implimented if you have more small islands a little farther out :) Looks Great though!

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its WAAYYYY small. Which could be a problem. I love your cornucopia! I think you, have a better chance of having this implimented if you have more small islands a little farther out :) Looks Great though!
There are 5 areas outside the main island, which include a volcano, a pirate ship, an island with a waterfall, a birch tree island, and an island with a small fortress on it. Its supposed to be tight, close quarters gameplay (if your a own COD black ops, this is the nuketown of survival games :cool:)

DannyDeeto

Experienced
Reaction score
Looks great! but once again someone uses shaders to make it look better :p

Reaction score
Wow! This map looks super nice! I think it would be super fun to play! Although, I think, personally, the terraforming needs some work. You can tell it is made of spheres... but other than that it looks good! What is the diameter of the map?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci