• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teamspeak VS Skype.

McNooch

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello MCSG Its McNooch or YettiPlays its me back again

Im here to talk about a topic called Teamspeak (TS) VS Skype. Im here to give my opinion out and i whant to hear your oppinion im here to tell you. beacuse many people can u se skype to do something that i wish it didint exist (ddos) Thats really bad. For people that dont know the word that i just say'd it means they can hack your internet and shut it down beacuse its really risky to give some one ur skype beacuse they could know ur IP with that they can do that magical word. In other words in teamspeak you have to be a owner of ts or a ts admin that i think that they would only give people that they trust with teamspeak admin if you trust them they would not grab your ip. So im my opinion Teamspeak is easier to use and more safe than skype.

In the comments tell me what you think is better Teamspeak or Skype!!!

~Nooch

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
When you're talking to 5+ people, Skype will start to lag and slow down the Internet connection of the person hosting the call. TeamSpeak, however, relies upon the server to host it, thus it is easy for all parties involved.
Skype is great if you only want to talk to your friends and don't have a TS server, also if you're looking for a way to reach them at any time due to messaging and the free mobile app.

Also, I'd like to take note of the fact that TeamSpeaks can also get DDoSed - the server itself, and sometimes the people on it if the server doesn't hide their IPs.

Public TeamSpeaks can sometimes be a great way to talk to and meet new people, and also to get in touch with people that you don't feel safe giving your Skype to but still want to communicate with. (Rival clan members, for example.)

I used to only use Skype, but once I was introduced to TeamSpeak, I found it highly convenient and a great overall application. I still use Skype regularly, but I also incorporate TeamSpeak into regular things like Livestreaming.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Teamspeak. Less ddos to the actual person.

Only downside to TS, is that you have to pay monthly for a private server.

ComboCreator

Tribute
Reaction score
Honestly, Skype is better. The amount of people who do not know how to block their ip from Skype is actually a very high number. There have been many threads about this and yet all you have to do is hide your ip by going through a proxy so that your subnet mask (The thing that hides your ip) shows a fake ip. Its simple as that. Message me for a link if you would like to learn how to hide your ip.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
i got a ts u can use :p
then ts is better than skype; won't lag whoever is hosting the call in large groups. However, it lags some people's PC's, so skype might be better for talking in groups less than 5.

StaticReach

Experienced
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer Team Speak as you can accommodate multiple discussions/conversations with one main network. This differs with Skype for if you were to call a group everyone would be in one conversation unless you made multiple group chats which can be tedious to make and are not directly linked to the original conversation. In addition TeamSpeak offers more options and commands in general compared to Skype.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I believe TeamSpeak and Skype shouldn't be compared as they both offer different intended uses.

Skype is designed almost like a social media website. You add your friends, post statuses and chat with them. It's user friendly, and designed for personal use, with one on one or small group calls as there intended use.

TeamSpeak is more formal, and is good for meetings and organised communication. Our TS is a prime example of how TeamSpeak should be used, and it works very effectively at hosting a large number of members, but keeping them organised and controlled.

To quote the mexican girl from the 'El Paso' adverts:
"Why not both?"

Reaction score
When you're talking to 5+ people, Skype will start to lag and slow down the Internet connection of the person hosting the call. TeamSpeak, however, relies upon the server to host it, thus it is easy for all parties involved.
Skype is great if you only want to talk to your friends and don't have a TS server, also if you're looking for a way to reach them at any time due to messaging and the free mobile app.

Also, I'd like to take note of the fact that TeamSpeaks can also get DDoSed - the server itself, and sometimes the people on it if the server doesn't hide their IPs.

Public TeamSpeaks can sometimes be a great way to talk to and meet new people, and also to get in touch with people that you don't feel safe giving your Skype to but still want to communicate with. (Rival clan members, for example.)

I used to only use Skype, but once I was introduced to TeamSpeak, I found it highly convenient and a great overall application. I still use Skype regularly, but I also incorporate TeamSpeak into regular things like Livestreaming.
^
I used to talk with my friends, but there were always lag outs and well, Skype isn't that good anymore. Teamspeak is way better and you can put a bot and a lot of other stuff, but you can't really *live* chat.

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
To host my teamspeak server I only pay £2 a month. It's much better than Skype because the connection issues aren't as bad. From a guess I'd say that Skype is based between the connectivity between the two clients, whereas with teamspeak it's the connection of the client to the server which matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci