• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Ok don't reply with a lot of flame, but modern religion is a way to keep people in line, and my social studies teacher was surprised when I was the only one that answered that. [He was looking for that]

I don't believe that there is some sort of godly being that controls everything, who is awesome right? If god is so great, then why are there bad people in the world, why is there disease, why is there war?

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
I don't believe that there is some sort of godly being that controls everything, who is awesome right? If god is so great, then why are there bad people in the world, why is there disease, why is there war?
From what I was taught at a Catholic School, this stuff happens because God allows for free will.

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok don't reply with a lot of flame, but modern religion is a way to keep people in line, and my social studies teacher was surprised when I was the only one that answered that. [He was looking for that]

wat about stuff like Polio, Ebola, Cancer, Aids.
There is no such thing as a perfect world. If it was, everyone would be lazy. No one would show appreciation for what they have in their life. Have you seen The Giver? It is about an attempt to recreate a Utopian society, but in the end it took all emotion away from everyone. Even if god was real, I'm not sure it would be possible to make life perfect. (I might not necessarily believe in god, but I do know that a perfect society is just not possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci