• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Great "Increased Gamma" Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was asking why ToggleSneak isn't allowed, because it offers as much of an advantage of gamma. It makes it easier to not have to hold your sprint button, the same way gamma makes it a bit easier to see dark maps.
I've noticed that it does actually change pvp, on kohi you can tell who is using it and the player can focus on strafing instead of holding their sprint key.
I don't think it will or ever should become a legal mod

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen!

Today, I'm proud to bring you an update to the MCGamer rules regarding the topic seen in the title.

So, what is the 'Gamma Debate'?
Well, recently the idea of increased gamma has been a hot topic through out the network and some good points have been made for both sides of the argument. By our definition, bannable "increased gamma" is anything above what is allowed in default Minecraft. Now, there are a lot of pros and cons for this being allowed, but I won't go too in depth into those. The discussions have already been had on our forums.

So, what's going to be happening?
As of today, the Administration has decided that we will be allowing increased gamma going forward. It will no longer be against the rules, and will be allowed as an acceptable mod. I'm confident y'all are smart enough to understand the basic uses of increased gamma; if you're not sure, I would recommend you check out some YouTube tutorials relating to this topic. This means that from today onwards, you, the staff, and everyone else may use increased gamma on our network without any risk of punishment. We've decided that continuing to enforce this rule for such a minor enhancement that everyone can do is just archaic at this point and no longer necessary. Thus, the rule has been revoked.

"But Wait! I'm BANNED for Gamma!!"
As of today, if you were previously banned for gamma, you may dispute your ban. We are handling every gamma dispute on a case-by-case basis, taking a full view of the situation in mind.

When does this go into effect?
Starting today, the staff team has been instructed on our new gamma policy, and the senior staff has been instructed in the correct procedure in handling said ban disputes. In other words: today is the day that this goes into effect.

We heard you guys, and we made a decision that will hopefully turn out to be a positive one that can and will help to improve the network we're all here for. We're always open to constructive feedback and we'd love to hear your thoughts down in the comments, so please, tell us what you think of this rule change!
nice PR move.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
I've noticed that it does actually change pvp, on kohi you can tell who is using it and the player can focus on strafing instead of holding their sprint key.
I don't think it will or ever should become a legal mod
not really...

Dualzz doesn't use it, Stimpy does. Stimpy straightlines more than anything and Dualzz just circles all day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci