• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The sake of /report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
The sake of /report

In this thread I will explain why players should use /report if they see a rulebreaker, what it does, and how the staff handles the reports. In case you already know how to use /report, you can move on to the subheading “/Report, and then?”.

What is /report and how do I use it?

/Report is an in-game command which was implemented so community members can quickly report rulebreakers (mainly hackers) to the staff.

Reporting menu

Once you put "/report" in chat and press Enter, the reporting menu shows up (as shown above). When you see someone breaking the rules use the following code to report the user.

Code:
/report <player name> <Rule #> <description>
<player name> - Enter the offender's IGN
<Rule #> - Enter the number of the offence
<description> Describe what you saw! (What was the player doing?)

/Report, and then?

After you sent in your report, it appears on multiple platforms the staff uses. The staff has a couple of lists on which every report appears, besides that we have a short list with the offenders who got reported the most.

The long list is efficient because we can we see what the offender was precisely reported for (the discription you added when you used /report). The short list is efficient because the offender is most likely breaking the rules since he was reported multiple times.

In any case, writing a proper description when reporting someone with /report is very very helpful. When staff members are looking for hackers they will most likely use the reports pages with your reports, when there is a good description with it, it's most likely going to be reviewed.

Note: This thread explains how to use /report, however, we prefer that you directly contact a staff member when you see a rule breaker or gather evidence to report the user at the report abuse section. For hacking or inappropriate skins the /report-feature is very helpful, but for other offences we need evidence since those things aren't necessarily continueing after reporting it.

I hope some people found this thread helpful. Keep calm and use /report ;)

~Vigilo

Pyr

Platinum
Reaction score
This can help settle the spam on teamspeak for mods to help! :)

_SoupSalad

Platinum
Reaction score
This is so great for people who don't under stand how /report worked or didn't think it did anything, but now they know! <3

AquaTechMC

Staffing Team Representative
Reaction score
Very nice thread! I think that having a command like this with such great use will impact the staff team's help for people in-game. I'm sure a lot of people love the new addition!

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
I use this all the time. never had a mod actually come and spectate.

Reactions: BCE

Brndy

Platinum
Reaction score
That's because when we're spectating hackers, normal players won't be able to see us. You could say we are ninjas of a sort ;).
Then how come there's like 2 cheaters per game ok

ReRck4

Tribute
Reaction score
Certainly will help out with Moderators. I thought it never did that much. Great to clear up some questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci