• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Summer Update - 1.7, Refocusing, and More!

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Solo SG
Solo SG is not being released with this update; we're working on it, and it will be released within the very near future.

Tired of Teaming? Want to play a game of free for all MCSG?
You're just in time, because we're proud to unveil a brand new variation of MCSG, Solo SG.

Created with a more individually-competitive perspective in mind, Solo SG is exactly as it sounds: every player will be on their own, and any teaming will be against the rules. This should foster fair and fun competition for those who want to pit their SG skills against players on an equal quantitative footing as them. Best of all, Solo SG will feature its own leaderboard to track your stats against your fellow lone wolves.

Don't feel like going solo? Don't worry, regular team-friendly MCSG will still be available and untouched.
But be warned: we will be enforcing the Solo element of Solo SG. Any evidence of teaming between two or more players, such as sharing loot, running beside each other, teaming up against a player in combat, and general cooperation with another player are punishable with staff-issued bans. At best, you'll have a little downtime before your next game of Solo SG; at worst, you won't be playing anywhere for a long time.
I'm very excited for this specifically :D

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh..well I don't have time to read all this atm but I thought I would love this update but let me be the first to say I don't agree with some of it...who cares I don't even play much

Dexcom

Experienced
Reaction score
DOES THIS MEAN I CAN ACTUALLY WIN NOW!??!?!?

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Yay! This is great- looks like the community (for the most part) enjoys it too, thanks Devs! :)

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
If there is a hacker are you allowed to run by another tribute in order to kill the hacker? (in solo SG). Will the leaderboards in "teams sg" be reset or just be the current stats we have at the moment?
All the teaming situations will be taken case-by-case. We have a very well thought out system to determine whether people have been teaming throughout the entire game or if they are using strategies to take out bigger threats.

The current stats will not be reset for the team SG>

If they introduced a seperate leaderboard, that would be amazing. Shows people's real stats instead of their 5 team boosting stats :D
The Solo SG leaderboard will be separate from the team SG leaderboard.

Listened to us? If they listened they would have done this a long long time ago.
The only reason we changed is because we listened to you guys, otherwise, we would have stayed in 1.8 forever. It would have been much easier to just do that rather than to bring compatibility for 1.7 for SG and BG. Also, Devin stated in his post the reasons why it took so long for us to make this decision. Just be happy that it even happened, why be so negative?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci