• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Top Priorities to Survive and Fight

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
Are you dead 3 minutes into the game? Have you gone into deathmatch with only a stone axe and leather armour? Do you find yourself starving most of the time? Here is a quick list of priorities you should be aware of to be prepared for an attack, to survive, and possibly even win a game or two.

Priority 1: A Weapon You raided a good chest from spawn: iron and chain armor, cooked food and even a diamond! But none of it is of much use because you have nothing to defend yourself with. This is a small downside to following a route of mostly teir 2 chests. Because teir 2 chests are mainly filled of what I call "defensive items" as their is a relatively low chance of getting a weapon, and even if you get the items to make one you still need to consider what is between you and the closest crafting bench. Teir 1 chests can be considered as "offensive chests" as they have a somewhat higher chance of getting a weapon at the cost of stronger armor and cooked food. If you had a stone axe and saw an unarmed player with iron armor, you would have a better chance of winning the fight.

On a side note: if you have two iron ingots, one diamond, and only one stick, make the iron sword and don't risk finding another diamond. I'll get to that later.

Priority 2: Food So you got a weapon, the item that could determine weather you win or lose; but you notice your almost out of sprint and have no health regeneration. Food is almost as important as weapons if you want to survive. This is something teir 2 chests are better at than teir 1 chests. Teir 1 usually has raw food, bread, apples, and the occasional bowl. Teir 2 holds cooked steak, golden apples and the oh, so sweet cake. But keep in mind that others want the goodies just as much as you do, so if your a fast shift-clicker, your in luck (unless one has a weapon). An interesting tip I heard from Theoretical is that food also has a saturation value. If you were going into battle, had two hunger bars missing and could chose between an apple or a steak, eat the steak. It has a higher saturation value and it would take longer for you to lose hunger. an if you ate a raw chicken and a steak to fill your hunger, eat the steak last, as the low saturation of the chicken would cancel out the steaks high saturation.

Priority 3: Armor Weapons and food, good you have the necessary items to survive the game. But you come across a player with full iron armor and a weapon just as good as yours, if you fought them, you probably would lose. Armor is the extra cussioning that would help you in terms of fighting with equal weapons. This is what teir 2 chest are usually best for, chain and iron armor. Teir 1 chests, however, have much weaker armor like leather and gold, but its best to find teir 2 chests and grab the armor first (unless there is a weapon).

Priority 4: Intimidation Factor This is an interesting topic in my opinion. As I said before, if you have two iron ingots, one diamond, and only one stick, go for the iron sword. The diamonds are honestly a dressed up iron ingot, as iron swords are almost just as powerful as diamond swords, but the diamond's infamous blue colour can send opponents running away, no matter what their armor is or weapon they have. This is the intimidation factor, and should only be thought about if you know your well-prepared. Anything made of diamonds can contribute to this factor. Seeing a diamond helmet give people the idea that "this guy isn't messing around".

Well that was my list of priorities for the survival games. Tell me what you think. Do you agree? Disagree? Do you have anything to add to the list. Let me know, I'm interested.

L

Lululioness

Well written, suprised this hasn't gotten any recognition yet. *bump*

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
another tip regarding intimidation factor.
If you have bones and leather armour, craft them into bone meal and dye the armour white.
From a distance, this can fool people into thinking you have Iron armour when if truth you have only leather.
(This doesn't help so much up close as the textures are slightly different)

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Regarding the diamond being not much different to an iron ingot, it is actually a pretty large gap. A diamond sword kills someone in 1 less hit than an iron sword, an iron sword kills someone in one less hit than a stone sword and a stone sword is the same when compared to wooden.

I agree that you should craft the iron sword but the diamond sword can always make the difference.

Nice post btw.

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
Pardon the messed up font and colour. I don't know what happened.

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
I'm reviving this.... for the sake of why the heck not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci