• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

THG Written Series - CHAPTER 4

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
~ The Hunger Games ~
- A Written Series -
Created by: GoontherMC
Founded by: Divisions Clan
- Info -
This is a written series created by me, GoontherMC, the series is based off the book and movie series The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. I do not take credit for the story outline. Chapters from this series will be posted on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday routine. Tributes are randomly chosen in the order in which they die using this online randomizer, please do not get mad if a character dies in an order you do not like.
Previous Chapter(s): Chapter 3
Next Chapter(s): Chapter 5

Chapter 4:

Perspective of FjRI || Catty | Train Ride to Panem

I walked into the next train room and found a man looking out of the train window, he looked to be in his late twenties. “Uh, who are you?” I asked as I walked over to him, I think he is our mentor. The man got up and smiled “Hello, my name is Adal, I am your mentor and will prepare you for the Hunger Games” he put his hand out for a handshake. “My name is Catty” I took his hand and he gripped my hand hard and shook it, I tried to ignore the small pain.

“Nice to meet you Catty, and where is your district partner?” I glanced over to the door of the other train room and Adal went over to open it. “Would you care joining us young man?” Adal was a polite man, he seems like a good guy, hope he’s a good mentor as well.

Val came into the train room and shook hands with Adal. “My-my you’ve got a strong grip, my name is Adal, I am your mentor and will help prepare you for the Hunger Games” “I’m Val” Adal looked at him “Val, I’ve never heard a name like that!” “I could say the same about your name” they both laughed and I giggled a little.

Adal looked at both of us “I’m glad this year I can work with amazing tributes like you two” I blushed a little and Val replied “We’re glad we can work with an amazing mentor like you!” they both laughed, but my sense of humor dropped, I almost forgot that I was in the Hunger Games and that I was going to most likely die in a few days.

“You two take a seat, let’s talk” me and Val sat down on a very comfortable sofa as Adal prepared some sort of drink behind a counter. He popped out behind the counter with two wine glasses in his hands, and one being held by his mouth. We each took a glass from his. “What’s this?” I asked while I shook the drink a little.

“That is a Schnap, a strong fruit-flavored concoction, one of my favorites” He took a sip of it. “Is it alcoholic?” Val asked, looking inside of the weird drink “Every good drink is alcoholic” Adal chuckled, taking another sip “Then I’ll pass, mom says alcohol is bad for my age” Adal smiled “Nonsense, enjoy yourselves in these few days before the Games, cheers!” he put his glass in front of him. I clinked my glass with his and started to drink, it tasted really good.

Val put his glass down on the table. “So, tell me about yourselves, what are your favorite things to do, what hobbies do you have?” Adal crossed his legs. “I’m very good at puzzles, I like a challenge” Val confidently spoke “Ah that’s always a good trait to have, you’ll never know when you’ll find a challenge. And how old are you Val?”

“I’m 13” he shyly responded “You certainly act and look a lot older than that, are...” I cut Adal off “Aren’t we going to discuss how to win the Hunger Games?” Adal stared at me, I couldn’t maintain eye contact. “Well I suppose we could” he got up and left the train room. He came back second later with a book in his arms and sat back down. He opened the book up to reveal a bunch of pictures of different kinds of weapons.

“First we’ll need to find out what kind of fighters you two are” he passed the book to me “Tell me” I grabbed the book. “I don’t like to fight, but if I have to…” I looked through the pictures and found an image of daggers, back home I would rarely practice throwing kitchen knives at a target with dad “I’d use daggers” I passed the book back to Adal and he nodded his head. “Daggers, good choice, and what about you Val?” he passed the book to him.

It took him only a second to flip to a page with a sword and point at it “I like to use swords” he gave the book back to Adal. “Well this is good to know, you’re both interested in the sharp, up-close weapons, and as long as you can maintain a close-ranged fight you’d be good. He closed the book and set it at a table beside him. “But what’s more important than fighting and weapons is survival basics, like how to start a fire, how to tell plants from good or bad, things like that, do you two know any survival basics?”

“Well I’m pretty good at making a fire, it’s pretty cold in our district and my dad taught me” I told Adal, as he nodded and looked at Val. “I’m not familiar with any survival basics” Val looked embarrassed “Then now is a good time to learn” he smiled. We talked and determined our plans the whole train ride, and when we finally reached Panem my heart started to pound.

That was the end of today's Chapter!
Look out for the next one, new chapter out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!​

Last edited:

bad2020

Experienced
Reaction score
Great job! This is a good story. I too would like to see the upcoming chapters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci