• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips and Tricks for New Players!

SuperMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!
Hello! I'm SuperMC. I'm new to the forums and MCSG but not new to Survival Games itself. In this thread I will be posting a few tactics and possibilities that will hopefully enhance your MCSG experience. So let's get started!
  1. Always follow this priority chart when going for center chests:
    Sword or Axe-----Armor-----Food-----Other: Flint and Steel, Fishing Rod, Bow, etc...
  2. Make sure to know a good chest route in the map. A chest route is basically a path you know that will lead you through several chests. Try reviewing your chest route and check if it has any Tier 2 chests. If not try playing the map and memorizing a route with a Tier 2
  3. Always use your surroundings to help you in battle, if you are surrounded, try use the water to escape (water tactics will be covered in the next point) or try doing a parkour puzzle that will give you a chance to knock people of while they are doing it. (This is really helpful in Demon's Breeze)
  4. Water Tactics:
    - Using the water for food: If you are starving and you have a fishing rod, get some fish to eat. Make sure you fish in still water and not a moving river or something.
    - Using the water to escape teams or stronger players: Picture yourself in a situation where you are being chased by a guy or a team who are op or stronger than you. Try get into the water and hit them back with a fishing pole. It won't affect there health, so do not try killing them with it. (Believe me, I saw a guy trying to kill me by shooting me with a fishing rod). If the guy flashes a bow, use land to escape, he can shoot you.
    -Using the water to kill someone: If you want to kill someone, try getting underneath them. I believe they can't hit you (correct me if I am wrong). A few good hits should have them exploding (depends on their armor and skill level, sometimes they will use this against you. Also, use a bow and arrows if you have them.
  5. Using a bow and arrow: If you have a bow and arrow, use it to your advantage. You can knock people back and actually damage them, or kill someone who is far away. I suggest you practice your bow skills by going into single player and put a block with a button on it and redstone lamps to the sides (to know if you hit the target). This has helped me alot.
  6. Keep your eyes open: Always press F5 every once in a while to check for any sneaky people. And if you see that some chests are looted keep your eyes open, someone may be around you.
Hope you guys enjoyed this guide, if you want me to add any suggestions put them below. And if you catch me on a game of SG please say Hi! (Im on US servers)
My username: SuperSoldier911!

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
These are good, but I believe practising on a single player world won't help much at all during a PvP situation. I'm a pretty good shot (if I do say so myself) and the most important thing is to shoot not where the player is (unless they're ark), but where the player will be at the time of impact. Shooting an immobile target will improve your accuracy somewhat, shooting a moving target is much harder. Maybe you could rig up some sort of Minecart system and try to hit that as it moves.

SuperMC

Spectator
Reaction score
These are good, but I believe practising on a single player world won't help much at all during a PvP situation. I'm a pretty good shot (if I do say so myself) and the most important thing is to shoot not where the player is (unless they're ark), but where the player will be at the time of impact. Shooting an immobile target will improve your accuracy somewhat, shooting a moving target is much harder. Maybe you could rig up some sort of Minecart system and try to hit that as it moves.
This depends on the amount of skill you have. It would be easy to make a system that has moving targets, but then again, you have to improve your accuracy on nonmoving objects, otherwise your no good with a bow.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This depends on the amount of skill you have. It would be easy to make a system that has moving targets, but then again, you have to improve your accuracy on nonmoving objects, otherwise your no good with a bow.
Yes, but how many times out of 10 in a Hunger Games situation will you need to hit an inanimate object?

SuperMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes, but how many times out of 10 in a Hunger Games situation will you need to hit an inanimate object?
I know, but you need to practace on inanimate objects before thinking your a bow pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci