• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips / New Content?

MsKatsu

Spectator
Reaction score
So I haven't played this game for about a year and a half and I don't remember anything at all...

Anyone want to share some key tips that they think I'll find useful? Even just highlighting some key update changes would be very much appreciated; thanks!

Reactions: Fox

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Depending on what type of game play you want to take part in, there are a few additions to the network, such as MCSG Maker, Solo SG, UHC, the other game modes are SG, Battlegrounds, Zedchase and deadly descent. You can use MCSG Maker to select a map if you want to learn a map, although I believe you need donor to use it frequently (currently). There have been lots of new maps introduced, and SG 2 has been reverted back to its olden days status, including mobs, and Pink House. Leaderboards have been reset last year. :)

I hope that helps :D

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Let's start from most recent to oldest:

Most recent, on your interest, has to be the 1.9 Minecraft Update, that throttles everything you once really knew. But between the span the game remains as-is with the new additions separately, and the time these new additions will become standard, here is what regards you: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/1-9-mcgamer-and-you-a-short-story.251440/unread

Make sure to click on the dates to get redirected to the official thread to get a preview.

February 13
New maps where added: Oz, United Nation, Hamlyn.
January 25
New Promoted Admins: Chandelle, Yannick and Nagol. Just mentioning since CAmadeusA became a developer, which is a member you might remember from long ago.
October 24
The gamemode SG Solo was added. The normal gamemode we've all known for years, now without teams.
October 3
Map updates: Construct, Skyward Crest, Hokuno.
September 23
Welcome to Xenforo 1.5! Here is some links to the updates:
https://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/?prefix_id=36
Most of these updates regard the use of staff members, however it is interesting to see the features they now have. Updates regarding us, are just some silly twofold authentication, and being able to like comments.
September 12
Clans aren't singular anymore. MCGamer now has jurisdiction of clans. In my conviction, this isn't very helpful, rather a nuisance. Clans should have had learned to take care of themselves, rather than let MCGamer do the dirty work. And really, now that there is no longer the freedom clans used to have, it was more a give than a take from this update. This is just my view, but I thought you'd like to hear some drama—maybe it'll scare you off the community. haha.
August 31
Map Update: Section Six—sounds like some sort of tribute, for the now legacy, Sector Six, clan by SixZoSeven (another name you might recognize). Survival Games 4 for 48 players was also added.
August 7
Many updates:
  • CA servers are done for.
  • New Maps: Inertia, Holiday Resort 2, Green Grass, Springfield, Baroque, Winter Haven, Bayside, Ragnarok: Gods' Fate, Rebellion District.
  • A lot of maps you used to know were removed. I will only list those you knew: SG 5, The Fallen Empire (still playable on 48p servers), Fortress Pyke.
  • Map-maker rank was added. Basically, those who had made a map, instead of getting VIP, they now get friend rank color with the same perks VIP has.
  • Trashtalk filter: terms as rekt or l2p are now filtered.
August 2
Our ever iron bangle, Col_Star, took a leave, finally resigning for good, after just too long. Mentioning since you definitely knew this guy.

February 6
Better Sprint Mod—not the exact Mod described on that thread, it seems, but that's the similar mod we all know and covered pretty much the same features— is now allowed and the reasons for its allowance.
December 15
UHC Essentials is now allowed. You may not be interested on this, but good to know, regardless.
October 3
Increased Gamma is finally allowed. Seems like finally the staff took into consideration the fact that gamma is different between monitors and can be changed without a mod, already making a segregation without a mod.

I don't think you want to know anything else. If you do, just go look at the news dashboard.lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci