• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TRANsgender?

Are transgenders normal

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yes and we should take action to give transgenders more rights

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Yes but not gender fluids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but no multi-gendered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No there are only 2 genders

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No transgenderism is a mental disorder

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk about transgenders and their rights to bathrooms. Is this stuff normal? From where I am this is not normal and you would have to hide this kind of stuff.
It seems like mental disorder. Why is it not treated and instead is it being used as normal.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Off topic things are fine on the forums as long as they're in the correct section. Whether or not people are interested is different.

I personally think that transgenderism is a mental disorder. BUT that does not mean transgenders should be discriminated or ridiculed any more than a person with downs syndrome or ADHD or whatever. Pretending it's not a problem doesn't make the problem doesn't go away so those that have the feelings should face them and don't lie about it to themselves

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
i don't see the problem with it because what people who i have never met do choose to do with their lives does not affect me in any way

alienmonster123

Spectator
Reaction score
If one of your biggest worries in life is which bathroom you should go, then there's a problem with you.

Imo transgenderism is a mental disorder, but it's being treated like it's normal because society pretty much.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can't say much on it because I've never felt like I'm a girl so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
I don't really think that anyone can properly speak for Transgenders other than Transgenders, but hopefully I can attempt to help the situation. Some of the phrases and statements used in this thread have been rather rude. If someone believes and feels a certian way about themselves, then that's simply what they believe. It only affects themselves and puts no one else at a diservice as a result.

To call it a "mental disorder" is rather harsh. A mental disorder is something like:

• Severe Reoccuring Anxiety
  • Addiction
  • Depression
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Aspergers (which can be considered a benefit)
Common mental diseases are:
  • Schizophrenia
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Autism
  • Mental Redardation
Mental Handicaps include:
  • Psychosis
  • Dyslexia
  • Tourettes
  • Stuttering
As you can see, most of these are actual things that affect the brain that make someone different. Believing that you are of another gender and feeling that way is in no way any of these issues nor is it related. To call it a disorder or illness is to degrade it to something that it's not. People are not at a disibility due to something they believe. To think that someone is handicapped mentally from believing something is discrimination whether that was the intention or not. This is why it's not "treated." It is not a disorder.

Now, let's assume that you believe that Transgenderism is indeed real. It puts things into a whole new perspective. Then, it may become an actual medical situation, because the common believe with Transgenderism is that one was "born the wrong gender" or that their physical body is of one gender when their mind is another. Even then, it would not be a disease/illness/disability of the mind, but a situation with your body.

As for the bathroom situation. I understand why people are upset. The situation is very sensitive, because it involves rather serious matters so I'm not going to go into detail about the actual argument. However, being a type of person that would make those sort of actions that people are afraid of happening is a completely different situation than being transgender. That kind of person can be of any age, sexuality, gender, race, etc. People making the excuse that they are transgender to go in certain bathrooms for malicious purposes has nothing to do with actual transgender people. It's simply people making a bad name for a group of people that had nothing to do with it. Here is an example of a similar situation. To promote the video game Ryze, EA hired a group of actors/journalists to boycott the game saying that they were Christians and claiming the game was anti-Christian. As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Even if someone is boycotting and slandering the game, it is still getting attention. These people were not actual Christians, though. They were simply hired to make these claims and lie. All throughout history, people have pretended to be other people in order to make a bad name for that group. Don't fall victim to the lie and blame that group for something they didn't do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this is actually even an issue that is happening on a regular basis. It is simply paranoia that people have clinged to in a mass wave since people were looking for a reason to go against it. It is actually quite disturbing that they are using their children in a way to promote hate and discrimination.

Take into consideration things that you believe are true about yourself. Maybe you think you aren't talented, but you have a hidden ability. Maybe you believe you are funny, but actually your jokes never make laughs. Maybe you think you're stupid, but you are actually very intellegent. Maybe you think you are nice, but instead you're judging a group of individuals for something they believe. Consider things from multiple perspectives and how your statements might affect people before you pass judgement and label things.

A side note - I made an edit to your poll. I'm fairly certain that the phrase "fabulous person" is derogatory and offensive to the majority of Transgender people.

_SoupSalad

Platinum
Reaction score
Threads like this should be treated with delicacy so I agree on some part that they it shouldn't be located on a forum such as this but I see that you needed and outlet for information because you don't understand, which I get.

I am actually transgender myself (Female to Male) which im very open about because its extremely accepted in my general area so not to be stereotypical but I'm assuming that you're somewhere from the south or in the North Carolina region?

Being transgender is not a mental disorder what so ever, there is a mental disorder that is correlated to transgenderism which is Gender Dysphoria "the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex." and its closely linked to other things such as depression. Which is why you need to understand that calling it a mental disorder when its not is not only extremely disrespectful to people that are transgender but also to people who have real serious disorders. Also it can be extremely affecting to people that are transgendered and currently suffering from depression, you have no idea how harmful words can affect someone's entire life.

Gender Dysphoria is treated the correct way; the person would go to a gender therapist which after talking to for a while would help them work through and understand their gender identity, if needed one would get suggested to an Endocrinologist a doctor who would help them get the hormones of their preferred gender. NOTE: NOT ALL TRANSGENDERED PEOPLE DECIDED TO DO HORMONAL TREATMENT, IT IS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE ONLY SUCH AS SURGERY. (this is also all from my own personal experience)

As for the Bathroom Bill (I think its actually called the House Bill 2?) like Giggums said, doesn't even have to do with Transgendered as a whole its just used to target the group. I'm sure you can at least understand that Gender and Sexual orientation are two different things, who you like is not affected by your own body. So the idea of harassment doesn't even have to do with one's gender, any one can harass any one, but its just used to demonize transgender as a group because people still don't believe its an 'okay' thing.

However the main parts are; Transgenderism is NOT a mental disorder, they DO need more protective laws because in the eyes of the law they are seen as 'non-people' which is NOT okay it doesn't matter who you are you should still have basic rights, and the bathroom bill should not be targeted at transgenders since it has nothing to do with the group as an actual whole.

Shocker alert; Transgendered people go to the bathroom. Its surprising, I know.

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
I don't really think that anyone can properly speak for Transgenders other than Transgenders, but hopefully I can attempt to help the situation. Some of the phrases and statements used in this thread have been rather rude. If someone believes and feels a certian way about themselves, then that's simply what they believe. It only affects themselves and puts no one else at a diservice as a result.

To call it a "mental disorder" is rather harsh. A mental disorder is something like:

• Severe Reoccuring Anxiety
  • Addiction
  • Depression
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Aspergers (which can be considered a benefit)
Common mental diseases are:
  • Schizophrenia
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Autism
  • Mental Redardation
Mental Handicaps include:
  • Psychosis
  • Dyslexia
  • Tourettes
  • Stuttering
As you can see, most of these are actual things that affect the brain that make someone different. Believing that you are of another gender and feeling that way is in no way any of these issues nor is it related. To call it a disorder or illness is to degrade it to something that it's not. People are not at a disibility due to something they believe. To think that someone is handicapped mentally from believing something is discrimination whether that was the intention or not. This is why it's not "treated." It is not a disorder.

Now, let's assume that you believe that Transgenderism is indeed real. It puts things into a whole new perspective. Then, it may become an actual medical situation, because the common believe with Transgenderism is that one was "born the wrong gender" or that their physical body is of one gender when their mind is another. Even then, it would not be a disease/illness/disability of the mind, but a situation with your body.

As for the bathroom situation. I understand why people are upset. The situation is very sensitive, because it involves rather serious matters so I'm not going to go into detail about the actual argument. However, being a type of person that would make those sort of actions that people are afraid of happening is a completely different situation than being transgender. That kind of person can be of any age, sexuality, gender, race, etc. People making the excuse that they are transgender to go in certain bathrooms for malicious purposes has nothing to do with actual transgender people. It's simply people making a bad name for a group of people that had nothing to do with it. Here is an example of a similar situation. To promote the video game Ryze, EA hired a group of actors/journalists to boycott the game saying that they were Christians and claiming the game was anti-Christian. As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Even if someone is boycotting and slandering the game, it is still getting attention. These people were not actual Christians, though. They were simply hired to make these claims and lie. All throughout history, people have pretended to be other people in order to make a bad name for that group. Don't fall victim to the lie and blame that group for something they didn't do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this is actually even an issue that is happening on a regular basis. It is simply paranoia that people have clinged to in a mass wave since people were looking for a reason to go against it. It is actually quite disturbing that they are using their children in a way to promote hate and discrimination.

Take into consideration things that you believe are true about yourself. Maybe you think you aren't talented, but you have a hidden ability. Maybe you believe you are funny, but actually your jokes never make laughs. Maybe you think you're stupid, but you are actually very intellegent. Maybe you think you are nice, but instead you're judging a group of individuals for something they believe. Consider things from multiple perspectives and how your statements might affect people before you pass judgement and label things.

A side note - I made an edit to your poll. I'm fairly certain that the phrase "fabulous person" is derogatory and offensive to the majority of Transgender people.
Sorry about offense! I don't really know much about what is found offense. But I think transgender is some sort of mental abnormal because it's the mind thinking it's trapped in a wrong body. Sounds very sad and the suicide rate is so high. I want people TO BE happy and not to have suicide thoughs or depression. No treatment from society could attribute to the suicide rate (very high after surgery too) if this is not a disorder.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry about offense! I don't really know much about what is found offense. But I think transgender is some sort of mental abnormal because it's the mind thinking it's trapped in a wrong body. Sounds very sad and the suicide rate is so high. I want people TO BE happy and not to have suicide thoughs or depression. No treatment from society could attribute to the suicide rate (very high after surgery too) if this is not a disorder.
I'm very glad that you seem to understand the gravity of the situation.

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
Threads like this should be treated with delicacy so I agree on some part that they it shouldn't be located on a forum such as this but I see that you needed and outlet for information because you don't understand, which I get.

I am actually transgender myself (Female to Male) which im very open about because its extremely accepted in my general area so not to be stereotypical but I'm assuming that you're somewhere from the south or in the North Carolina region?

Being transgender is not a mental disorder what so ever, there is a mental disorder that is correlated to transgenderism which is Gender Dysphoria "the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex." and its closely linked to other things such as depression. Which is why you need to understand that calling it a mental disorder when its not is not only extremely disrespectful to people that are transgender but also to people who have real serious disorders. Also it can be extremely affecting to people that are transgendered and currently suffering from depression, you have no idea how harmful words can affect someone's entire life.

Gender Dysphoria is treated the correct way; the person would go to a gender therapist which after talking to for a while would help them work through and understand their gender identity, if needed one would get suggested to an Endocrinologist a doctor who would help them get the hormones of their preferred gender. NOTE: NOT ALL TRANSGENDERED PEOPLE DECIDED TO DO HORMONAL TREATMENT, IT IS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE ONLY SUCH AS SURGERY. (this is also all from my own personal experience)

As for the Bathroom Bill (I think its actually called the House Bill 2?) like Giggums said, doesn't even have to do with Transgendered as a whole its just used to target the group. I'm sure you can at least understand that Gender and Sexual orientation are two different things, who you like is not affected by your own body. So the idea of harassment doesn't even have to do with one's gender, any one can harass any one, but its just used to demonize transgender as a group because people still don't believe its an 'okay' thing.

However the main parts are; Transgenderism is NOT a mental disorder, they DO need more protective laws because in the eyes of the law they are seen as 'non-people' which is NOT okay it doesn't matter who you are you should still have basic rights, and the bathroom bill should not be targeted at transgenders since it has nothing to do with the group as an actual whole.

Shocker alert; Transgendered people go to the bathroom. Its surprising, I know.
Sorry about any offending! I don't try to be MEAN. my family actually is from Pakistan, my parents emigrated in 1996. In Islam, this is called to be not normal and my parents say these people suffer because Allah cursed them. That makes me very sad because all people should have a CHANCE. I also am worried that the suicide rate is so high. Why is this? Can you tell me what the cause is? Sorry if I ever offend, I'm not all too familiar and I don't mean HARM.

I'm very glad that you seem to understand the gravity of the situation.
Thank you I came here because I don't want my parents to see i go on websit e about transgender so I come on Minecraft forums here.

Last edited by a moderator:

_SoupSalad

Platinum
Reaction score
Sorry about any offending! I don't try to be MEAN. my family actually is from Pakistan, my parents emigrated in 1996. In Islam, this is called to be not normal and my parents say these people suffer because Allah cursed them. That makes me very sad because all people should have a CHANCE. I also am worried that the suicide rate is so high. Why is this? Can you tell me what the cause is? Sorry if I ever offend, I'm not all too familiar and I don't mean HARM.
Ah I understand don't worry. A reason that suicidal rates is so high because when people can't express who they really are it takes a huge emotional toll on them pretending to be something they're not especially when these people are in unsupportive enviornments. Its good that you're concerned for these people and that you're seeking more information because you're concerned and dont understand, so kudos. The thing is that transgender is more of an indentity, Gender Dysphoria is whats considered a mental illness and it's treated in the correct way that usually ends up with people finding themselves and ending up happy. However treatment from society could affect the suicide rate because if society was more accepting to transgendered people they wouldn't be so scared to come out and be themselves and they wouldn't feel like something they're not, you see?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci