• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

ULTIMATE Minecraft FPS increase guide.

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks! It worked and now I get a lot more fps! The only problem is that minecraft freezes for a split second every few seconds. It can be a bit annoying.
It's no problem! Glad I helped! if you need any help with anything, feel free to PM me! I am always on :)
Also keep posted as this is always updated!

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, followed most of the steps untill my calm level reached its limits, now all that i have to do is wait for this defrag 2 thing to finish and restart my PC, if this actually works , imma teach you some bow skillz. ;)

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay, followed most of the steps untill my calm level reached its limits, now all that i have to do is wait for this defrag 2 thing to finish and restart my PC, if this actually works , imma teach you some bow skillz. ;)
I look forward to it ;)

It's guaranteed to work, trust me :)

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Looks like there's nobody that can help me... :(

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
Annnddddddd!

Nope, still getting 20 fps while recording... FRUSTRATION!
I think you have already done but if not, theres a setting in fraps:

I tooked 145 fps, maybe you tooked 20 fps ?

tpemrickjr

Platinum
Reaction score
Awesome I will try this, thanks! (even thought my FPS isn't that low)

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
For recording I recommend Dxtory as I found it much better than Fraps.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Reply to: Allocating more RAM to Minecraft:
Just adding this in there; I'm very, very, almost certain that allocating more RAM for primarily Minecraft to process should be a black or red. This is because Minecraft uses memory in a way only when it is required, usually it will only require less then a gigabyte, but it can leech off the RAM to recieve more in some "laggy" situations (for example tons of animations, particles or entities).

In some cases increasing dedicated RAM to Minecraft can actually be horrible for your computer as other programs including the operating system itself requires some of the RAM, of course this can only happen if you dedicate too much but forcing any RAM into Minecraft at all is uneccessary. Say you have 4GB of RAM, dedicating 3GB will slow down your computer in the background, and forcing ALL of the RAM will pretty much slow your computer down to a potato.

As an alternative graphics cards are processors are the things to be looked at when buying or upgrading a computer to play Minecraft. RAM does not play a very large role in it if those two are fulfilled.

Reply to: Use a low res texture pack / Use default:

Texturepacks do play a large role in lag, depending on the computer. You might want to add that it is possible to use 8x8, 4x4, 2x2 and 1x1 texture packs, but the improvements are incredible minimal, unlike higher resolutions in relation.
Tested on an Intel Atom Processor, 1GB RAM (no longer own this computer so I do not know the full specs).

1x1: 25 frames per second average.
2x2: 25 frames per second average.
4x4: 23 frames per second average.
8x8: 20 frames per second average.
16x16: 18 frames per second average.
32x32: 6 frames per second average.
64x64: Less than 1 frames per second average.

Reply to: Decrease Resolution:

In some cases full-screen does increase performance, I have no idea why, possibly the windowed outline causing stress.

It's a very good guide, keep at it! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci