• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

US/CA Operation Cleansweep, Winter 2015, Week 2 (Final) Results!

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
US/CA Operation Cleansweep
Week 2 (Final) Results
Hello Tributes!

It's now the end of our second Week of Operation Cleansweep in US/CA, it has been another productive and successful week and we're glad to share our second and final weeks set of results with you!

Your probably wondering why we are stopping after just 2 weeks of Cleansweeps, well the reason for that is because as we observed in the EU region, after the update to supporting only 1.8, the number of hackers dropped dramatically and we felt that Cleansweep was no longer required for the moment in time.
The same has happened on US/CA, in our first week, we caught some hackers and in this second week even less were caught. We had originally considered extended this trial period in US/CA for a further week or two depending on the first two weeks results however, like with EU, we do not feel that it is necessary to continue Operation Cleansweep for now.

However..... it will always be looking over this place, protecting us... and when the time comes that we need it's help once again, it will appear before us and help us in our hour of need.....

By this point, some of you may be wondering if there will be Prizes and/or Forum medals for participants of the US/CA Cleansweep, after all, there was for the EU Cleansweep. Well the answer is yes, but not yet. What we are going to do is we will take the statistics and information regarding community and staff contributions and we will be adding those onto the next US/CA Cleansweep.

It may be a little bit of a wait but hopefully most of you will be willing to help out again and your participation in this trial will mean that you are already on your way to getting the medal later on.

The Cleansweeps have proven to be a successful option in eliminating hackers from the network and so far it has been successful, however, we are still looking into ways to make the operation even more successful. If you have any ideas for the Cleansweep, feel free to PM me, AlpakaWhacker, Jodimo, ChandelleMC, Col_StaR or Scott.

This Week's Statistics:
32 participants.
12 of those were community members.
20 of those were staff members.
8 hours of sweeps.
6 hackers were banned.
4 of those bans were permanent.
2 of those were 1 week.
An average of 1.5 bans were made each session.
2 hackers were found and recorded by members of the community.

All Time US/CA Statistics, combining week 1 and 2 statistics:
59 participants.
25 of those were community members.
34 of those were staff members.
18.5 hours of sweeps.
33 hackers were banned.
30 of those bans were permanent.
3 of those were 1 week.
An average of 4.125 bans were made each session.
6 hackers were found and recorded by members of the community.

Week 1 Statistics - http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...cleansweep-winter-2015-week-1-results.169216/

What can you do?
Although the cleansweep has now ended, you can still help out by recording and reporting hackers at
http://report.mcgamer.info. These reports are a huge help to both the network and the staff team.

Alternatively if you cannot record and report on the forums, you can even report hackers in-game using the /report command.

Frequently Asked Questions
Question: When will Operation Cleansweep start back up again?
Answer: Probably not for a month or two at least however there it will probably return in the summer.

Question: EU, US and CA have all had Cleansweeps, Will there ever be an AU Cleansweep?
Answer: At some point in the future, I'm almost certain that there will be. When? I wouldn't be able to say at this moment in time. The staff are currently testing other solutions for each region.

Question: Why do you post all the times when hackers can see it?
Answer: Most hackers will not check the forums, and won't even know that we are there. In addition to this, we do impromptu Cleansweeps as well.

Question: Why only 2 Weeks of US/CA Cleansweeps?
Answer: Well the plan was the run a trial period of 2 weeks and if results were showing consistently medium-high numbers of hackers then the cleansweep would be extended beyond the initial 2 weeks. However, we only saw very small amounts of hackers so we felt that at this time, the Cleansweep was not required to run any longer than its trial period.

Have a wonderful week!
~MCGamer Staff, US/CA Cleansweep Team

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I am sad that I didn't get to help because I wasn't on at those times.. I would be glad to help next time. I just don't know how it works, do I just join the channel on the ts and tell the staff members when I see a hacker?

Well then we still welcome your reports :) we would be glad to remove the accused from the servers if we deem the evidence to be sufficient enough.
I have a recording of someone hacking, but it was a couple of weeks ago and forgot to report them. Can I still report them?

Last edited by a moderator:

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
I am sad that I didn't get to help because I wasn't on at those times.. I would be glad to help next time. I just don't know how it works, do I just join the channel on the ts and tell the staff members when I see a hacker?

I have a recording of someone hacking, but it was a couple of weeks ago and forgot to report them. Can I still report them?

Posts merged
You can indeed report them!

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Great job to all those that helped! Sadly I was not able to make it due to school work. :/

Reaction score
I am sorry for being such a noob, but what exactly is a cleansweep, and what makes it different from just a regular day of catching hackers and banning them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci