• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Well if you haven't heard about Mojangs security hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: As of 3:07 AM PST the vulnerability is no longer an issue. It has been confirmed that Mojang has patched the vulnerability by Leonard Axelsson. https://twitter.com/xlson/status/224444654421164032

Mojang has announced a huge security flaw where people can spoof other accounts. Well this caused a huge issue on our servers where people were spoofing our ops and posing as the real people. Right now we are taking action and removing all ops temporally just in case so they cannot cause any grief until Mojang has a patch. Also as of now, all mods with migrated accounts were removed and people banned today were unbanned.

Please advise, if you own a server, it's a good idea to deop any migrated accounts as its a security issue. If you want to see if your account is vanuable, please click here and type in your username:

http://www.teamavolition.com/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&folder=&id=7

(DO NOT TYPE YOUR PASSWORD ON THIS WEBSITE, JUST USERNAMES)

These people have been annoyingly activating our whitelist and we will keep trying to see what account is doing this. We should be back to normal once Mojang patches this hole.​
Here's an awesome video by BebopVox with all the info on what's going on:​

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
I wondered what was happening.
Thanks for the update.

Favorlock

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm just glad we found a temporary solution to this problem.

Sollyhol

Survivor
Reaction score
Woah, that's quite a big flaw. And are migrated accounts the ones where you steal them and change their email and password?

CarPet300

Spectator
Reaction score
Weird I got banned really early in the day for something I didn't do and made a dispute but I am still banned, is there a delay? Or I am not being unbanned?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to Mojang, no passwords and emails were compromised. They just trick the Auth servers on using your username.

mbilker

Spectator
Reaction score
Will the moderators actually get their moderator status back any time soon if they have a migrated account?

Zanderhoff12

Spectator
Reaction score
Is there any bug occuring with this? I just won a game and now to me I cannot access any servers.
A response code 503?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup we will give everyone access back including my username after they fix the issue.

Tinyoneo

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks for update. I was getting confused when trying to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member