• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What exactly is going on right now?

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
MCG upgrading to v2 was a big mistake in my opinion as it introduced many bugs and things people were very unhappy with and ever since 2015 it has really taken a turn for the worst. I joined in 2013 and it was really fun around those times but ever since 2015 MCSG just started going downhill because of all the ghost clients and hackers especially.

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
There is no "ultimate" solution to hackers but they need to step up their game in that department, as well as polish the games they have currently rather than focusing on adding the very little new features and game-modes.

TL;DR : Fix bugs, polish games, kill hackers

CrazyTaco

Gold
Reaction score
The reason the server is down is because someone decided it was funny to ddos the server hubs, so people can't join. Eventually it got so bad the hoster went in to a sleep mode to protect it.

DragTheOcean88

Quantum
Reaction score
So most of the people who are still active around here know that the servers have been down for a few days. Honestly I think we need an explanation. Is the server shutting down or something? I joined this server in March 2015 which is later than most people. From what I can tell it was much better in 2013-2014. What did MCSG do wrong that made everyone leave?
Well said

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
We don't really have an official update at the time from anyone but from what I've been told, it's something Gideon has been messaged about.

_Pyrrhic

District 13
Reaction score
Unless you hear from Chad, the Admins, or the Developers themselves that MCGamer is going down or getting an update, then it's nothing more than what we've been telling you. There are currently issues with the hubs starting up properly, that's it. We know that the servers have been down for a while and people are wondering as to what's happened and are frustrated. Trust me, we know, and believe me we're trying to get the hubs back up and working. The most I can ask of you all is to be patient with us, we really are trying. We wouldn't leave you all in the dark on this.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Unless you hear from Chad, the Admins, or the Developers themselves that MCGamer is going down or getting an update, then it's nothing more than what we've been telling you. There are currently issues with the hubs starting up properly, that's it. We know that the servers have been down for a while and people are wondering as to what's happened and are frustrated. Trust me, we know, and believe me we're trying to get the hubs back up and working. The most I can ask of you all is to be patient with us, we really are trying. We wouldn't leave you all in the dark on this.
You might not be willing to leave us in the dark on this, but from what we've seen (or rather, what we haven't seen) so far, Chad is clearly more than willing to do so. A "hub issue" wouldn't take upwards of 4 days to fix. This is clearly more than a hub issue, since the disconnect message went from "Can't connect to hub", to "The database is down", to "Can't connect to server" entirely.

Downtime of this long is unheard of at any point in MCGamer's history. As far as I can remember, the longest downtimes in recent history (as in, ever since I joined the team) have been close to 24 hours. And during downtimes like that, the community was always kept updated on what's happening. Given that the community has heard nothing official from Chad, it's only reasonable to expect the worst.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
You might not be willing to leave us in the dark on this, but from what we've seen (or rather, what we haven't seen) so far, Chad is clearly more than willing to do so. A "hub issue" wouldn't take upwards of 4 days to fix. This is clearly more than a hub issue, since the disconnect message went from "Can't connect to hub", to "The database is down", to "Can't connect to server" entirely.

Downtime of this long is unheard of at any point in MCGamer's history. As far as I can remember, the longest downtimes in recent history (as in, ever since I joined the team) have been close to 24 hours. And during downtimes like that, the community was always kept updated on what's happening. Given that the community has heard nothing official from Chad, it's only reasonable to expect the worst.
You know the server is down, when Ava says its down. Staff stop defending it. Face reality.

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
I feel like I can reply to this. I played MCSG since about its launch back in 2012, and I joined the forums shortly after. I was around for a long time, and left around the time the community started changing. By changing I mean that a lot of the older veterans were leaving, which in turn caused more vets like me to leave because after years doing the same thing over and over again became stale, and winning no longer gave you that rush that you once felt.

So the only reason any of us really stuck around was for each other, and when that started to fade so did we.

Also, I dont think it was MCSG that really made the mistakes. In my eyes and in the eyes of MANY old PvPers, Mojang completely butchered PVP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci