• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WHAT IS WITH THE FISHING ROD COMBOS

UndeniableZombie

Experienced
Reaction score
I haven't played MCSG in days, I come on and then fight someone and they rod me and they keep getting hits.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
I have no idea what is happening with it...but they are now doing it in the water as well :(

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I haven't played SG since before the leaderboard update, so I have no idea what is up with the fishing rods. I'll probably start playing again once I finish building my PC. :]

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I am done
What exactly is going on that shouldn't be? I can try to bring it up to developers in the moderator meeting later today. The more detailed a description, the better I can explain it.

UndeniableZombie

Experienced
Reaction score
What exactly is going on that shouldn't be? I can try to bring it up to developers in the moderator meeting later today. The more detailed a description, the better I can explain it.
Well I went into combat and this guy had a fishing rod, he rodded me and I couldn't attack him.

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
I'm think this has to do with 1.8 PvP and is not exclusive to MCGamer within the past few days. If you go to battlegrounds and test this out, you'll realize that if you are walking or moving backwards while your opponent is moving forwards, you can almost never get a hit on them. It's similar to the extended reach of when you are underneath someone on ladders or underwater. This makes fishing rods much more beneficial then before, especially if used correctly during combat.

Mojang is working on a 1.9 PvP update and I'm hoping they address this. As someone that doesn't use rods (or any secondaries for that matter lolz) I'd love to see improvements to that mechanic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci