• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What kind of world do people build their maps on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagtail

Diamond
Reaction score
What kind of world do people build their maps on? It cant be superflat, because superflat has only like 5 layers of block. Can anyone please tell me, I'm working on a map? :)

Sayf

Experienced
Reaction score
People build their maps on flat worlds, the terrain is made in a few terraforming plugins such as VoxelSniper and WorldEdit. Also, once you've spawned on a flat world you could use world edit and type /hsphere 20 <radius> that'll make you a nice glass dome :), good luck if you're ever planning to work on a map!

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I make a custom world with the new layer presets, usually 1 bedrock, 60 dirt and 1 grass.

Then I put this world on my server

Wagtail

Diamond
Reaction score
I make a custom world with the new layer presets, usually 1 bedrock, 60 dirt and 1 grass.

Then I put this world on my server
Can you tell me how to do it on the customize world thingy? I used to make a tunnelers dream preset world until I realized that the maximum buildheight was very low

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Uhm .. When you choose a preset, you see something like 1x7,2x3:villages,caves or something. Mess around with that

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
When you go into "Create a New World" press "More World Options". Where it says "World Type", change it from default to superflat. When you do this, an option right below that appears that says "Customize". You can change it all there.

Hope this helped! Good luck :D

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would recommend Tunneler's Dream, as it is very good for building on.

Casted_Lights

Tribute
Reaction score
Please do remember to have the cornucopia at 0,0 so people know their way back in case they want to craft something :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Please do not post on threads that have been inactive for over 30 days and are not relevant anymore.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci