• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Makes a Good Username?

Are you happy with your username?

• Yes

Votes: 57 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • That's Classified.

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
What Makes a Good Username? What doesn't?

"Theoreticallyy", my username for Minecraft, isn't so fitting for me. First of all, its a mess of letters, a mouthful, and not catchy. Second, two "y"s makes it clear I was aiming for a better name.

So this brings the question... "What makes a good username?" And what doesn't?

Why and how did you chose your username? Is it good? Why is it good? Why isn't it good? Answer below!

Say your username and talk a bit about it, and if your nice enough try and see if you can figure out a good username for yours truly, "Theoretical," having the word "Theory" in it somehow.

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
I am happy with my username its called Rashirim cuz it sounds cool to me and its a name of a wolf that I made

cyruslad

Spectator
Reaction score
My username is cyruslad, I like it because I have used this same name for the past 6 years on everything, it also contains my name 'Cyrus' which is a bonus. I don't really like the name, as I can think of better ones, but I won't be changing it for traditional reasons. The real bonus is when I log on to a website that I have not been on for a long time, and i have forgot my password, I will always know my username, and easily use the recover password option.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
My username is cyruslad, I like it because I have used this same name for the past 6 years on everything, it also contains my name 'Cyrus' which is a bonus. I don't really like the name, as I can think of better ones, but I won't be changing it for traditional reasons. The real bonus is when I log on to a website that I have not been on for a long time, and i have forgot my password, I will always know my username, and easily use the recover password option.
However, I want to aim for something cool, rather than traditional... I like the Cyrus aspect of your name, however, what meaning does it contain?

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think every username should start with an uppercase letter. It looks more professional. Also the "pro" players who add x's z's @'s $'s or whatever. Your name makes you look like an idiot who tries to look like he's really good (no offense to anyone, it's my opinion) Doesn't MinecraftKing look better than XxM1n3Cr@ftK1nGxX?

I like names better when they are original. Names like Bobby9 don't seem so good. Pick I name that doesn't have a number beside it. Change it a little so it's yours and nobody elses.

Tie it into real life. Or else you have a random username with no meaning.

So in conclusion
  • Proper grammar and spelling look better
  • Make it original
  • Give it a purpose
My name is The_Soy_Man because my usual username "Soysauce" was taken in Minecraft. My username is always soy related because of my name.

Theoretical is good, but it is a little awkward. Instead of making it shorter, I think making it longer would be better. From your avatar I think your skin is a Panda. I think a good name for you would be TheoreticalPanda!

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
So here are my conclusions thus far.

Good new usernames could be:

-Sir_Theori

-Sortheori -- sorta like "sorcery", a wizard word.

-_Theoretical_ or Theoretical_

-TheoRize

By the way, my real name is Theo, just in case your wonderin'...

dclx3gaming

Tribute
Reaction score
I think DclDclDcl is a good username because Dcl is my initials and i put it 3 times because i think it is catchy and it is long enough to qualify as a username. i often use Dclx3 or Dclx3gaming, like on this account but dcldcldcl is my favourite for games. If you were to change your username i would suggest something like TheMinecraftTheory or Theo (number of your choice) I know numbers dont seem professional for some people but for me, if you use it right. it can look good (Dclx3gaming as an example or maybe something involving your favourite number.) If people say that famous people dont have numbers look at Chimneyswift11. you see, dont be afraid to choose a name you like just because someone else doesnt like it.

~Dcl

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
I use my username since 2008. Nuff' said. Best thing: You won't find any other guy named Hyrulekid. At least not the last time I checked.

EDIT: I just checked, the first google page really is all about me :D At least when using the German google, I'll check the English one now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci