• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What we need to do.

Noisyboy1552

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello,

*preface* This isn't an MCGamer is dying thread

I am sorry to those of you who don't like those threads which suggest ideas to the MCSG Staff and talk about what should be done. But today, I've snapped. As I am writing this right now, there are currently 390 players online MCSG. 390. I grew up with this server since 2013, where the server count was almost ten times the amount it is right now. It sound's dramatic, but it's heart breaking. I know these ideas will most likely be ignored by staff members, but in my honest opinion, from and old player, this stuff needs to happen - or at least some of it. Most of the stuff I mention does not involve the community or staff, mostly the game itself.

I have one point, that ties in with many, and this might sound pathetic and frail at first, but it is Nostalgia. Yes. Most players talk about the best time on MCSG ranging from 2012-2014. And indeed it was. So, I don't see why a few things haven't been implemented. Hub & Lobby. I know that the hub and lobby have only been changed recently - and yes they are amazingly built, but if we reverted to the old hub from 2013-2014 and old lobby 2013-2014 it would change a-lot. I know I can vouch for a tone when writing this, as this is nostalgia, and these two things were from the golden days. Now, I must admit, there a few problems with bringing back the old hub- We have less game-modes than we used to, and obviously there are too many portals, but you could just scale it down, yet keep the same design. Scoreboard (OR whatever the proper name is) Bring back the 2014 one. I would say previous ones, but the staff make a good point when they say it gives only limited information. But with the 2014 one, I believe it provides enough, after all - Late 2013 and 2014 moderators survived and did well with this sideboard as there wasn't many hackers back then. My third point, has semi been impleneted and I respect the staff for doing this, bringing back old maps. Old maps were well built, intresting, and not the similar like the ones we have now, this is another thing most players would want, and it doesn't come with any cons. It's just a matter of implementing them. My fourth and final and most important point is, focus on MCSG. MCSG used to be the only thing people would play, people still call "MCGamer" (which in my opinion is a pretty stupid name" people still call it MCSG, because it's what it's known for. So why not, some other gamemods, and focus improving MCSG it's self. You've done a really good job recently of implementing new gamemodes that people will play - Skywars, UHC Games, well done.

Honestly, I don't expect these things to be implemented, and they are tiny, and some people would label "pointless" but people enjoyed 2012-2014 the most, so why not bring back the features that were around then, which probably made it better, and removing them made MCSG the way it is today. You could just say it's Nostalgia, and yes it is, but it means alot.

Thank you.​

Exous

Experienced
Reaction score
i think everyone gave up on trying to bring this server back to life lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci