• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What would you think about a 120-player SG1 and SG2?

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
We need to be funding 120 player SG4. That would be so unbelievably epic.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
No matter how much I like this idea, you will get in legal troubles with Team Vareide if you two continue to make remakes of their maps.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Legal trouble? What are they going to do? Sue us for making a rendition of a virtual map from a virtual video game?
They can sue you for use of their own legal property without their permission. So basically plagiarism.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They can sue you for use of their own legal property without their permission. So basically plagiarism.
It honestly doesn't work that way.
It'd be like an artist suing somebody for making a parody of their song. However, in this case, the thing isn't even copyrighted. It's literally just a fan-made video game map. Something like this would never, ever, ever be seen in a court of law.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
It'd be like an artist suing somebody for making a parody of their song. However, in this case, the thing isn't even copyrighted. It's literally just a fan-made video game map. Something like this would never, ever, ever be seen in a court of law.
Go ahead and ask them yourself if you can make the edits legally, and if I'm wrong tell me you told me so.

Reaction score
CaptButterToast is right all works of art, design, etc automatically have copyright on them. If the author doesn't state that thier work can be used then you must assume that it would be breaking the copyright to edit it or distribute it. What making an adjustment of a map is like is taking an amazing photo you find on the internet slightly adjusting the contrast and colours on it and then claiming that it is your own.
Also you don't know how far someone is willing to go to protect thier copyright.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
CaptButterToast is right all works of art, design, etc automatically have copyright on them. If the author doesn't state that thier work can be used then you must assume that it would be breaking the copyright to edit it or distribute it. What making an adjustment of a map is like is taking an amazing photo you find on the internet slightly adjusting the contrast and colours on it and then claiming that it is your own.
Also you don't know how far someone is willing to go to protect thier copyright.
Plus, it's pretty indecent not to ask in my opinion, even if the work is not copyrighted.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large amount of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci