• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why did the survival shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radtak1

Diamond
Reaction score
Why did the survival ever shut down for the second time? Its been approx 2 - 4 months of being open and it gets shut down, is this to move it to the hub or is it gone for good this time?

Qyxr

Experienced
Reaction score
The server was closed because of drama between a lot of people, mainly from conflicting factions. The staff could have handled it differently, but the end result would still have been much worse. Someone will hopefully post after me with more detailed information, as I just learned of the server's shutdown today.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
CaptButterToast
I don't think tagging him worked. You have to put an @ in front.
CaptButterToast

Also, it was because players were getting too competitive, to the point that they were DDoS'ing each other, releasing real-life names, addresses/locations, and personal information, and just overall causing a lot of issues. MCSG COULD have avoiding shutting down survival, but the other way would have made even more people mad/drama. Fear not, Survival will most likely be returning in the future, but not as Factions. ChadTheDJ has some ideas in mind, according to some statements he made recently.

Edit: So tempted to inb4lock.

Last edited:

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think tagging him worked. You have to put an @ in front.
CaptButterToast

Also, it was because players were getting too competitive, to the point that they were DDoS'ing each other, releasing real-life names, addresses/locations, and personal information, and just overall causing a lot of issues. MCSG COULD have avoiding shutting down survival, but the other way would have made even more people mad/drama. Fear not, Survival will most likely be returning in the future, but not as Factions. ChadTheDJ has some ideas in mind, according to some statements he made recently.
That's pretty much it, not much else to say here. Question answered, Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci