• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[WIP] Jungle-based map

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score

This is what I've got so far. It'll be a bit like the arena from the second book, but I'm focusing on making it a bit more jungle-based than clock-based. It'll be a lot smaller than the current map on the server (which has a 500-block radius, whereas mine has a 200-block radius) and will only be able to hold 20 people each match. Obviously I still have quite a bit to go since I need to build an entire jungle from scratch in addition to placing the secret chests and making some simple puzzles. The idea for this is that most of the puzzles will be organic, relying on jumps or climbing rather than buttons and levers.
Anyways, I might have it done by the end of the weekend (meaning Sunday), but it could be longer what with classes and an internship and all. I'll post the Dropbox link here when it's finished! :)

Tryo

Spectator
Reaction score
I think a jungle map would be fun.
lots of trees to climb :3

Will1

Spectator
Reaction score
The idea sounds great. Obviously there is still a lot of work to do but as long as it's done I can see this being a very good map. If you look around you will probably be able to find some tools to help you make the jungle as that will take quite some time to do otherwise.

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
Currently I'm using a combination of TooManyItems, SinglePlayerCommands, and Creative mode. It took me maybe about an hour to get done what I've got so far, and I hope to have a major chunk of the map done shortly.

scoutcallie

Tribute
Reaction score
I thought of a jungle map idea at school today, but looks like you beat me to it. (And made it look a lot better. XD)

Greypawz

Survivor
Reaction score
Sounds nice. I think you should have like a little treetop village though. That'll be awesome. Like tree houses on trees and bridges connecting them. Of course, they should look like they were old and abandoned, so the bridges can be a little parkour. Have a jungle temple to! With an awesome maze! You don't have to do it if it's too much work...

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci