• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Zone 85: Revamped

Do you like the changes made to Zone 85?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER:
>Chest locations/tiers are THE SAME.
>Layout of the map is THE SAME.
>ONLY building designs and appearances have changed.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/re1do05xahbqkhm/Zone85.Revamped.zip (Updated December 25, 2014)

Name Of Map:

Zone 85: Revamped

Builders:

SuperxAndrew (SuperxAndrew)
MagicMadDawg (Joel/MadDawg)

Description Of The Map:

In the midst of a earth-destroying war, Zone 85 is the world's last hope for revival and survival. Deep in the jungle, the base has remained a safe haven due to its uninhabited surroundings and natural mountain defense. However, President Snow has decided that the games must go on, so in this year's Hunger Games the selected tributes are forced to fight to the death on the grounds of Zone 85. Only one will win, will it be you?
#OverlyDramaticBackStory

Facts:
>The map is based on a military base.
>The radius of the map is the same at 215 blocks.
>The chests are the same as the old version.
>There is a crafting table at corn as well as 4 other locations.
>This is a 24 player map.
>All the trees are custom.

Trailer:

ScreenShots:

The corn was remade to imitate a true landing pad. Also the green tents were removed to add more immediate room for pvp. Also, the tunnel in the back was redesigned.

View of the main building. The block scheme was changed with the addition of the coal block. Also, the first garage entrance was removed. The tunnel in the back was redesigned.

This is the secondary building off of corn. It remained unchanged except for the addition of the coal block and the "cleaning up" of the walls.

This is the primary landing pad. The coal block was added along with the removal of the giant ring around the top.

This is the bridge going out of the base. It was completely redesigned. Also the tunnel outside the glass wall was enhanced.

The airfield received the biggest changes. Both of the airplane hangars inside the mountains were removed and rebuilt outside. The main airfield building is the same, except for the addition of the coal block.

This is another view of the new hangars that we built in the airfield.

Another view of the entire airfield. The runway was redesigned a bit to make it more realistic. Also, the tower in the back right of the picture was edited.

The work yard at the bottom left of the picture was unchanged; however, the helicopter landing pad received a huge "facelift". This is probably one of the biggest improvements to a build seeing as most people didn't even know it was there the original build was so bad.

The redesigned tunnel is seen at the back of the picture. Also, the oil containers and mines exit were vastly improved with new blocks and detailing.

The light house is mostly the same with a few new blocks added. The "boat house" at the back of the picture is also the same except for the addition of the coal block. The docks at the right of the picture received the most work. Also, the little boat seen in the picture is in place of one of the bigger boats on the original map.

The main battle ship was completely redesigned with different block schemes and new detailing. (Still the hotspot we all know and love.) Also, lily pads were added in the water to make for quicker routes and more interesting water pvp.

Another view of the redesigned main structure.

Another huge change on the map is the garage. It is much smaller and better detailed. Overall, this was my favorite improvement.

A closer view of the "boat house". It remained mostly unchanged except for the addition of some new blocks.

This shows the dock, it is vastly improved and is more structurally sound.

The radio tower now has a road to it. Also, this is a good shot of the new trees.

This hotspot is unchanged. You're welcome. ;)

Radius of Map:

The radius of the map is 215 blocks. The exact same is the first version of the map.

======
We, SuperxAndrew & Joel/MadDawg, agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this we understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of our map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from the MCSG servers. The MCGamer staff has full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.
======
Tags:
LadyOfLove
Loudv2
MorphedCaliber
knifeinthebutter

Last edited:

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you for keeping the tiering! :eek: I've hated Moonbase 9 and Icarus ever since they got updated, good move from you keeping the tiering!

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you for keeping the tiering! :eek: I've hated Moonbase 9 and Icarus ever since they got updated, good move from you keeping the tiering!
Yes, it was important for us not to change anything that made people like the map. The tiering and chest locations are a big reason why people like maps. We made sure to keep this in mind when revamping it.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, it was important for us not to change anything that made people like the map. The tiering and chest locations are a big reason why people like maps. We made sure to keep this in mind when revamping it.
I just love the coal blocks you added, it gives more like a futuristic feel I think, also the plane hangars by the airfield are a cool addition :) I love the map even more

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I just love the coal blocks you added, it gives more like a futuristic feel I think, also the plane hangars by the airfield are a cool addition :) I love the map even more
Thanks man. :)

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Wow, the update looks amazing! This is exceptionally great because the chest tiers are remaining the same. Glad to see that my parkouring up to the helicopter route is still there. :3

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
I love it, hope to see it implemented. You have made the best map, and the only map where my route doesn't get robbed.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Omg amazing <3
Thanks!
Looks really swell!
:)
perfect* #grammarpolice
Wow, the update looks amazing! This is exceptionally great because the chest tiers are remaining the same. Glad to see that my parkouring up to the helicopter route is still there. :3
Thanks for the feedback. And yes, the chests all remain the same, should be no different except for the updated builds.
I love it, hope to see it implemented. You have made the best map, and the only map where my route doesn't get robbed.
Thanks!

J

Joel/MadDawg

This was really fun to help make :). I'd just like to stress again that we tried to keep chest placement exactly as it was before. Because of the improvements made to the map we ended up having to slightly move a few tier ones and one tier two (the tier two that was in one of the mountain hangars has been moved into one of the new outside hangars). Other than that, every chest is exactly as it was before and we actually ended up adding a few more tier twos that we felt were fair.

Also, thanks Andrew for making it seem like we did an equal amount on this. However, I'd just like to set the record straight that he did much more than me on this revamp :p.

In the near future look forward to a revamped shady hollow that will be much less laggy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci