• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Zurich - The heart of Switzerland

Do you like the idea of the map?

• Total voters

SimplyToTheMax

Platinum
Reaction score
Welcome to Zurich, the heart of Switzerland.

Hello everybody and welcome to our which currently is in progress. The place we are planning to cover is extremely detailed and may not be covered to 100 % like it can be seen on maps.

Main Builders:
  1. Max5015
  2. @bendajo
Builders:
  1. TehLaurent
  2. @d2345

What we have planned until now is:
  • The Map will cover the modern part of Zurich and the historic district of the City of Zurich. Also, the Zurich lake and rivers will be in the map.
  • 3 different churches which represent Zurich will be in the map.
  • One of the most expensive places in the world will be in the map. (Bahnhofstrasse)
  • As Zurich has a huge tram system, we will try and cover it as detailed as possible.
  • We will cover the most wonderful places of Zurich.
  • The map will have a lot of city but you will spawn in a small park (which actually is real and small) and there will be green spots.
  • [Note, this is not 100 % sure] If possible and if space allows it, we will make a DM Arena, either on a ship on the lake or on a plattform over Zurich

General Information
  • Radius is 250 blocks
  • We are for 60 % sure that the map will be designed for 24 tributes. If we see that the map is huge, we will try and design it for 48 tributes.
  • As Zurich City and historic district is a big place to cover we will probably not cover everything as this would probably take a year (we are planning to build for a few months)
  • You will not be able to join our team as a requirement would be that you live in Zurich and need to speak Swiss German (as not everybody of my friends speaks english).
  • The map will both look Minecraftian and realistic

Things we want from you
  • If you'd like to see this map on MCSG we kindly ask for your comments how you like the idea and encourage us a bit as this will be a long term project and the map won't be here in 3 months (how we believe, we could be wrong). And so we don't stop at some stage.
  • If you have any ideas/suggestions/useful tips, please leave a comment.
  • Any questions? Just ask and I will try and and answer.

Here is a little picture of what we would like to cover (Orange Circle). The size may do get smaller as I said before because it is a town and it will be hard to cover.

Screenshots of the actual map will be coming as soon as we thing we've finished 20 % of it.

Cheers

Max

Last edited:

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Great Idea! Hope to see it done soon!
This reminds me of Project 1845 :p

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I should totally terraform this map :p you know how to contact me max ;)

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is actually kinda cool :) And isn't it Zürich? Or did you just leave that out? And would normal german be enough for the talking part? And why do my question start with and?

SimplyToTheMax

Platinum
Reaction score
This is actually kinda cool :) And isn't it Zürich? Or did you just leave that out? And would normal german be enough for the talking part? And why do my question start with and?
In German it is "Zürich" yes, but in English you normally write "Zurich"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci