• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.7 Blocks Concern

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
If I were to make a map with 1.7 blocks, would it effect the 1.6 users significantly? Should I just not use them at all?

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
As billyguy said, if you started a map now, the servers would hopefully upgrade fully by the time the map would be added. If a map with 1.7.2 blocks was added while have 1.6.4 users on it, there would be two possibilities that would happen.
1. The map would not be able to upload (Not the most likely)
2. 1.6.4 users would crash instantly when coming into contact with the map (when joining the world/map). For example, there is a certain server (I won't say names since that could be advertising) that has a minigame with creative mode. The server supported 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 for a short while. During this time, if you were in the server in 1.6.4 and tried touching a 1.7.2 item in creative mode, you instantly crashed. This would be the most likely option of the two.

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
As billyguy said, if you started a map now, the servers would hopefully upgrade fully by the time the map would be added. If a map with 1.7.2 blocks was added while have 1.6.4 users on it, there would be two possibilities that would happen.
2. 1.6.4 users would crash instantly when coming into contact with the map (when joining the world/map). For example, there is a certain server (I won't say names since that could be advertising) that has a minigame with creative mode. The server supported 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 for a short while. During this time, if you were in the server in 1.6.4 and tried touching a 1.7.2 item in creative mode, you instantly crashed. This would be the most likely option of the two.
Thanks

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hmm, i think that the 1.6 players would see the 1.7 blocks in game as some kind of block that exists in 1.6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci