• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.7 Opinions

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think 1.9 will be okay as long as they make sure the options are there to disable dual wielding.

As for 1.7? It's okay, but definitely still an improvement in my book.

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm used to 1.8 so I stick to it, also I get more fps. On the other hand 1.7 has block hit and you can go outside the map Holiday Resort 2 :p

V3dock

Experienced
Reaction score
I use 1.8 because my skin is an Alex model and that doesn't work in 1.7
I don't like fat arms.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

You can't stay on an old version of a game forever, then you aren't actually playing the game, games need change to it, they don't last forever, just like how you can't stay on 1.7 forever.

Yes, 1.8 was a change, but so what? Why couldn't people just get used to it, or leave? Because people who can't adapt to change aren't suitable for things like these, because it's constantly changing, the people, the place, times marching on people!

Diacor

Survivor
Reaction score
I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

You can't stay on an old version of a game forever, then you aren't actually playing the game, games need change to it, they don't last forever, just like how you can't stay on 1.7 forever.

Yes, 1.8 was a change, but so what? Why couldn't people just get used to it, or leave? Because people who can't adapt to change aren't suitable for things like these, because it's constantly changing, the people, the place, times marching on people!
ffs dude why do you want to be on 1.8?

Every other pvp server that is actually good (Kohi, Badlion, para, minehq, whatever) is 1.7 for a reason.

MCSG had the BRIGHT idea to switch to 1.8, and look at the backlash they got. The community who is actually good at pvp wanted 1.7 back, and it took them like 5 months to do it, but still.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I think if this was the case, MCSG would actually really suck.
ffs dude why do you want to be on 1.8?

Every other pvp server that is actually good (Kohi, Badlion, para, minehq, whatever) is 1.7 for a reason.

MCSG had the BRIGHT idea to switch to 1.8, and look at the backlash they got. The community who is actually good at pvp wanted 1.7 back, and it took them like 5 months to do it, but still.
Alright, here's how I'm going to word this…

The reason why people weren't used to 1.8 was because 1.7 was out for so long. Not many people played competitively before 1.6, and since then, people have gotten more and more competitive. 1.7 had some backlash as well, but 1.8 was more pronounced because more players were playing 1.7 competitively than 1.6.

Now I look ahead, to 1.9. When 1.9 comes out, people will have to get used to it, it's inevitable, you can't stay on 1.7 forever, now your 2 patches and about 2 years behind the actual game, and the content difference is so great, that you will have to update, no ifs ands ors or buts.

Now it's going to be even harder to adjust, so I was just arguing, why not get people used to the newest version?

Diacor

Survivor
Reaction score
Alright, here's how I'm going to word this…

The reason why people weren't used to 1.8 was because 1.7 was out for so long. Not many people played competitively before 1.6, and since then, people have gotten more and more competitive. 1.7 had some backlash as well, but 1.8 was more pronounced because more players were playing 1.7 competitively than 1.6.

Now I look ahead, to 1.9. When 1.9 comes out, people will have to get used to it, it's inevitable, you can't stay on 1.7 forever, now your 2 patches and about 2 years behind the actual game, and the content difference is so great, that you will have to update, no ifs ands ors or buts.

Now it's going to be even harder to adjust, so I was just arguing, why not get people used to the newest version?
because no one will force you to update.

Jorrdan

Survivor
Reaction score
I prefer 1.7 but 1.8 will get the job done. It all comes down to what you've gotten used to. A skilled 1.8 player can beat a skilled 1.7 player vice versa. You just have to be comfortable with the version your using.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
People desparately wanted 1.7 back, so we gave it to them. Obviously since it's an outdated version there will be problems like lag, but at least we have it! c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci