• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 MCSG OPINION! <-----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaru

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey players!
My name is Aaru, I have been planning to say this out my chest and telling my opinions to lots of people now. Please before reading this, Due know that this is only my opinion. But, lets get started. When MCSG announced that they were updating to 1.8 only, I wasn't really a big fan of it. I didn't really like the pvp and the changes in 1.8. When they changed it, I finally decided to try to get used to it and try to pvp with it. 1.8 was great! The pvp was ok, and so are the things. But! the only thing that was the problem was the lag. I've tried all I can to fix the lag. It keeps unfreezing and freezing whenever I pvp or try to run from players (Ghost killed). Lots of people have this problem. About thousands of people in MCSG have this problem. Most people like me, can't even afford a good simple PC, that runs on a video game that I love. I tried to ask the moderators why are they changing to 1.8, and they told me that they can create better plugins and other things for the server. I've thinked through on what the moderators told me. I told to myself that, I would rather play decently on MCSG, without the better plugins and just how it is, or play horrible and have upgraded plugins. With the players lagging, the server can't even have people trying it, just because they are lagging and freezing. I hope this can make a change to the server.

P.S - I know this is a stupid idea, but it would be nice if there were servers for 1.7, or 1.8

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey,

I personally agree with you. 1.8 downgrade a lot pvp quality, but as I said in some threads like this one , all the servers need to update. We'll need to accept that 1.7 will never come back.

So , let's try to enjoy the servers with 1.8. Finally , it's not really bad in my opinion. :)

Also you can try to get more FPS downgrading your graphics quality , or playing in fullscreen . Play in fullscreen help me to get +20fps, and if you change the resolution it'll be a lot better. Ah... don't forget to install Optifine!

Have a nice day!

Nephilim Scott Ceroria

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCGamer fully updated to 1.8 so that we could take full advantage of 1.8 features and also allow for a better client-side experience for our players- whilst we had cross-version support for 1.7 and 1.8, certain 1.8 features like the increased flying speed were constantly bogged down by the limitations of 1.7.

FPS problems are common for people with not-so-great computers- to try and get the maximum framerates possible without making too much of a compromise, make sure to check 'Use VBOs' as on in your game's Video Settings. This feature does not work on some graphics cards, and if you experience issues with this setting checked as on, a simple fix will be to turn it off. Conversely though, if your graphics card supports this feature, you will most likely see a noticeable increase in your FPS.

As for PvP, I find I do better in 1.8 than 1.7. This is probably to do with these limitations I talked about earlier that 1.7 forces on 1.8 clients- now that we are a full 1.8 network and not a hybrid 1.7/1.8 network, 1.8 users aren't limited as much anymore.

I think the possibility of MCGamer adding 1.7 servers is low, as we don't really need them. People with framerate problems have valid reasons for not supporting this update, but people complaining about how bad the PvP is in 1.8 are shortsighted and it shows that they just haven't gotten used to 1.8 yet- I was like this when I first tried 1.8.

I hope this answers your question/gives you some insight.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Not everyone has the money to upgrade their computer...
If you don't have a good computer you can expect that some games won't run on it. Don't blame Minecraft for having a slightly higher minium specs after an update

Aaru

Tribute
Reaction score
MCGamer fully updated to 1.8 so that we could take full advantage of 1.8 features and also allow for a better client-side experience for our players- whilst we had cross-version support for 1.7 and 1.8, certain 1.8 features like the increased flying speed were constantly bogged down by the limitations of 1.7.

FPS problems are common for people with not-so-great computers- to try and get the maximum framerates possible without making too much of a compromise, make sure to check 'Use VBOs' as on in your game's Video Settings. This feature does not work on some graphics cards, and if you experience issues with this setting checked as on, a simple fix will be to turn it off. Conversely though, if your graphics card supports this feature, you will most likely see a noticeable increase in your FPS.

As for PvP, I find I do better in 1.8 than 1.7. This is probably to do with these limitations I talked about earlier that 1.7 forces on 1.8 clients- now that we are a full 1.8 network and not a hybrid 1.7/1.8 network, 1.8 users aren't limited as much anymore.

I think the possibility of MCGamer adding 1.7 servers is low, as we don't really need them. People with framerate problems have valid reasons for not supporting this update, but people complaining about how bad the PvP is in 1.8 are shortsighted and it shows that they just haven't gotten used to 1.8 yet- I was like this when I first tried 1.8.

I hope this answers your question/gives you some insight.
Wait, so if I use, 'Use VBO', That might reduce lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci