• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9, MCGamer, and You: A Short Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExousJr

Platinum
Reaction score
sounds so fckng good tbh. but... When tf are u guys gonna fix the ANTICHEAT HUH?! Stop doing shitty updates and fix the ANTICHEAT we are so fckng tired. BADLION IS LIFE BADLION IS LOVE

jk but pls fix it :)

thx for hosting

Five

Spectator
Reaction score
Thank you for listen the community that we can play on 1.7.
<3

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
Well think about it, those people who hate 1.9 (about 300) will leave MCGamer and thats quite a-lot. And 1.9 makes minecraft too op like gliders etc... Personally I would leave if 1.9 was added and so will 90% of my friends, like 1.9 will most likely ruin MCGamer. Like it will change the gamemode up and most people don't want that. Anyways I don't have any power over this so at the end of the day, it's your choice

-Hakt

X

Survivor
Reaction score
thank god you're keeping 1.7 and 1.8

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Please note that Ava specifically stated that we will not drop 1.7/1.8 support. The new features like dual wielding, hit delay and all that won't be a thing since 1.7/1.8 doesn't have those features. If you play on 1.7/1.8 then nothing should change :)
In fact, given most of the features are controlled by the server (and the server doesn't enable them), you probably wouldn't even notice a difference between playing on 1.8 and playing on 1.9.

Then basically no-one will use 1.9 to play MCGamer since the 2 only played gamemodes are SG and Battlegrounds.
If you apply the same argument to 1.8, it's worth noting that we do keep statistics on what version players use, and the vast majority of players currently use 1.8.

But actually, Ava, you could add a gamemode on the server that only 1.9 users can join, for example 1.9 SG, while still conserving original SG for 1.7 and 1.8 users.
I never said we were adding 1.9 features to the current SG gametype - if anything, it'd be the opposite, because that would require dropping support for the older versions. I'll leave that open to interpretation.

are you telling me you're even considering it
The post says what it says. We do not currently have plans to drop 1.7/1.8 support, but it wouldn't be very smart for me to say "we will never drop support, ever" because I don't want to make what could possibly be a false promise if our plans change in the future.

1.9 is very bad for pvp, do not install it on MCGamer Network, i think, if you put this version on a server, you will lose a lot online. Stop to put different versions, it is very foolish.
(And everyone else who is saying "RIP")

Did you even read the post? If not, I would recommend doing so, and also reading the contents of this reply.

Simply put, not supporting 1.9 is not an option because of what I said above: the vast majority of players use 1.8, and I'm certain many of those are people who have their launcher set to "latest version". Hence, we would end up losing more than half of our playerbase by not having support for the latest version.

I'm not going to rewrite the whole post here, so please do read it. I guarantee it will alleviate your concerns, because absolutely nothing is changing for 1.7/1.8 players as a result of this update.

Evile

Survivor
Reaction score
as mcsg or mcg has become less oriented on its competitive community, which in the past was a major focal point and the fastest growing part about the server, it could prove to be viable. Those remaining stragglers and survivors of the cataclysmic Armageddon that has occurred over the past 1-2 yrs may be annoyed and leave for fear of other cancerous updates in 1.9 to spread to the lovely mcsg gametype. For the general population unaware of the way pvp was, it will be a perfect update potentially spicing up pvp and adding variety for the future. If you all push forward with 1.9 and its new features it may prove to be ballsy, but staying and just supporting the version will be a safe and non-threatening move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci