• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9 Observations Thread

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
What I have noticed so far:
  • 1.7 and 1.8 players can get insane combos on you and PVP is almost impossible. This is not to say that 1.9 PVP itself is bad. It is just saying that using a 1.9 client on a dual or even triple if you are on MCG compatibility server is difficult.
  • MCGamer's 1.7/1.8/1.9 triple compatibility system seems to be doing surprisingly well. In fact it seems to be even stabler than when 1.8 was introduced and we had 1.7/1.8 dual compatibility. Ava is a god.
  • MCGamer seems to be the only major network taking the triple compatibility route. Don't quote me on that, but haven't seen any other networks doing that. Badlion is going to do 1.7/1.8 and 1.9 separately I think, and Hypixel is doing duo 1.8/1.9. Seems to be the same for a lot of the other big networks.
  • People need to stop judging 1.9 on the dual/triple compatibility experience. Remember if the server supports multiple versions of Minecraft, then it is not the true 1.9 experience. While your client may be running 1.9, everything server side is not.
  • As usual a lot of mods such as optifine have not yet released there 1.9 versions. Not many players will switch till that problem is fixed. It took quite a while for optifine to release a 1.8 version, we will see what happens this time.
  • Dual wielding is the best new feature imo.
  • The new sound effects and animations seem ok.
  • Skeletons are going to suck in UHC.
  • There seems to be a ton of new opportunities for cool mini games in the latest Spigot release for 1.9.
What have you guys noticed? Please be thoughtful, no "1.9 sucks" two word responses please. I will add some more stuff as I discover it.

Last edited:

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly I don't mind the duel wielding thing. It just stops you from having to hot key back and for from you're sword to either rod/fns/bow/shield. It's a handy feature. There is no duel sword wielding, at least not to where you can hit ppl with 2 swords at once, which is better off IMO.

I think it's going to change pvp a bit. Make it a bit more fast paced with how quickly you can switch between items now. Going to be a lot more different strats when the server goes 1.9 only and you can do the duel wielding feature. Going to be interesting what people are putting in that left hand spot.

1 thing is I could use my rod or bow on 1.9 when I just tried it out. I dunno if I was glitched or not, but I immediately went back to 1.7 after it happened lol.

Only thing I am not too fond of is the sword like cooldown thing. Not entirely sure how it works yet.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I definitely would avoid judging 1.9 based solely on the triple-protocol experience. Remember that everything server-side is still running on a 1.7 server modified to allow us to accept 1.8 and 1.9 clients, so that's the source of a lot of the current issues with 1.9 on our network.

Reaction score
Yeah I tried 1.9 and I dislike it immensely. It's weird with using 2 arms and the "cool down" when hitting is annoying. I recommend not using it if you like pvp.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah I tried 1.9 and I dislike it immensely. It's weird with using 2 arms and the "cool down" when hitting is annoying. I recommend not using it if you like pvp.
I would say that you shouldn't be hating on it so soon. Give it some time. It may grow on you.

Last edited:

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally don't think MCSG should stay in the past.
Like seriously, we got to the point where we had to downgrade versions.
DOWNGRADE.
People should just deal with it and learn to accept change, honestly.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I personally don't think MCSG should stay in the past.
Like seriously, we got to the point where we had to downgrade versions.
DOWNGRADE.
People should just deal with it and learn to accept change, honestly.
Yes I agree. Although until Optifine is released for 1.9 we kind of have to support other versions, or else people will be very upset. But once Optifine is released for 1.9 I agree with you 100%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci