• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9 update solution

2001pixelXmike

Spectator
Reaction score
so a couple of weeks ago or so I thought of something that might fix the whole pvp change in 1.9 for delayed sword hits. I had the idea that mcgamer devs should make a PLUGIN that will make it so there is no hit delay or item switch delay. it will be more like a classic sg if u think about it anyways just wanted to put the idea out there
sincerely mike,

Snoopy_

Spectator
Reaction score
(I originally put this on the wrong thread)

Looking at this from an unbiased point of view, I think that MC-Gamer should add Minecraft 1.9 in the future, yet keep the old 1.7 and 1.8 at the same time. I saw this post from somewhere else, and I thought it would be a great idea to add a hub that supported both 1.7/1.8 and 1.9 game-mode platforms. The server could be split to two servers, connected by one hub. Players could choose, based off of the version they would be currently using, and join the server that was the version they would be using. (Example: A player using 1.7 could open up a dialog, and choose to go to the MC-Gamer 1.7/1.8 version, while a 1.9 player in the hub could open up a dialog, and choose to play on the 1.9 version of MC-Gamer and play.) This way, MC-Gamer could continue to have a high player base, compromising both players who enjoy 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9. ;)

2001pixelXmike

Spectator
Reaction score
I just wish they can stay on 1.7 forever and when you think about it they kinda can in fact. they already have the server code for the plugins aslong as they dont update there plugins everything should be A ok but then again idrk. BUT YES I COMPLETLY AGREE WITH YOU :) but who knows what if 1.9 which no one wants is actualy a realy good update. of course killing teams will be harder if it wasnt hard enough obviously with delayed hits however i was in ts with a mod and i brought up this idea to him and everyone liked it however the mod said there was already a server option for it so i will be so stoked if there is no hit delay however. i think elytra wings should be added i think it will make sg more badass. i want the new arrows tbh if you think about it. if in 1.9 there was no sword hit delay the update would be a trillion times better. especialy with sheilds and duel weilding i would be super happy for what comes in the future. however i dont think jens will listen to probaly the biggest community that plays minecraft the pvp community. especialy more complicated and skilled pvp aka mcsg and badlion uhc zone and more.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
(I originally put this on the wrong thread)

Looking at this from an unbiased point of view, I think that MC-Gamer should add Minecraft 1.9 in the future, yet keep the old 1.7 and 1.8 at the same time. I saw this post from somewhere else, and I thought it would be a great idea to add a hub that supported both 1.7/1.8 and 1.9 game-mode platforms. The server could be split to two servers, connected by one hub. Players could choose, based off of the version they would be currently using, and join the server that was the version they would be using. (Example: A player using 1.7 could open up a dialog, and choose to go to the MC-Gamer 1.7/1.8 version, while a 1.9 player in the hub could open up a dialog, and choose to play on the 1.9 version of MC-Gamer and play.) This way, MC-Gamer could continue to have a high player base, compromising both players who enjoy 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9. ;)
You saw that post on Badlion forums ;)

Frankly, it's not worth MCGamer's time and effort to make a 1.9 server.

As for actually implementing a nohitdelay plugin, I believe OP means restoring 1.9 to the two hits per second of 1.8 and below, rather than a true nohitdelay plugin which would allow fast clickers to hit people up to 20 times per second.

Jdi

Survivor
Reaction score
If players wanted a 1.9 Server they could have a server for 1.7/1.8 and another server based on 1.9. I wouldn't really play the 1.9 Version my self but some players might like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci