• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1 Simple Question

Foxwolfrocks

Spectator
Reaction score
The thing about us humans is that we think everything should be better. We don't care about what we've accomplished just what we should. We are advancing at an alarming rate but because of this we cant get use to our advancements. Where changing the world to fast for us to handle. This is like Mcsg we are advancing to fast. People think its good but we should slow down and let people get used to things.

Foxwolfrocks

Spectator
Reaction score
Truthfully i have no idea where this went all i asked was if it was possible to open 1 server like the beta times. If its no its no thats all i want to know.

DamonKBrown

Tribute
Reaction score
Whether, or whether not we've negatively progressed, it it still progression, and it is important.
That is your opinion first of all, and this is mine. Everyone thinks differently about the positive, or negative progression MCSG has been having. For me it's positive, for you it's negative.

MCSG will forever and always be a large part of the minecraft community, heck, minecraft in general. There was a statistic somewhere, that said 1/3 of every minecraft account had visited these servers at least once (at least that's what I think, correct me if I'm wrong). That is 1/3 of 10,000,000+ accounts. That is, if you couldn't already tell, a ginormous proportion of players. I do not believe MCSG is going anywhere anytime soon, how could it? With this many players, we are going on strong gaining more everyday. Bad things could happen sure, but at this point of MCSG's monumentus success, it will only chip a small hole in a wall of Obsidian forged by the community, and every player who truly believes in MCSG.

On the topic of this wall, this bond we've created with one another, it can most certainly be chipped, sometimes enough to do significant damage, but I truly believe this community will always be able to re-build it, and rise to the occasion. Hackers, spammers, people set out to ruin others experiences are the pick axes, slowly chipping away at the foundations of MCSG. While you might think "Gee, there are a lot of hackers, how is this 'wall' not destroyed?' One word that will be mentioned an incredulous amount of times throughout this post, community. Those honest, tried and true members of our community, the players who take time to report the rule- breakers, the players who play by the rules, and care about MCSG, and keeping its image and prosperity. On the topic of amazing community members, we will always have staff members, players who dedicate their MCSG career to making the community a better place for everyone, and repairing that wall. Without the staff, that wall would crumble faster than we could react, and leave MCSG like a strayed animal, unknowing of which way to turn, what to do next. As I'm on the topic, I want to sincerely thank any staff member that might come across this post. Without you, we'd be a particle of a server, wallowing in the rule-breakers who aim to ruin the game. While it is not entirely staff members, the community is just as much a part in it, the staff members are to be held mainly responsible for the class of servers, and following that, to be held responsible for the outcomes, in this case, incredible.

While we have possibly had an increase of hackers, lag, and/or server glitches lately, we have not exactly come off our 'high'. We've unfortunately watched many of our older community members lose interest, and fade away from their once loved MCSG. While this is saddening, we mustn't lose hope. There is a chance, a good chance we can go back to these 'Glory Days' of 1.2.5. This situation is almost perfect for the cliche, "Anything is possible", because it really is. We welcome new members almost every day, and can once again form these bonds. We can hope for the lag to die, as I believe it mostly has, and we can regain our 'High.' The glory days are not gone, they are simply slinking in the wallows of our doubts, waiting for the time we can truly believe that they're in fact there.

I will again reiterate that I'm not saying we aren't currently having our glory days, because to me, every time I log into the forums or the servers it's a glory day. This community means a lot to me and always will, even if someday, for some reason, it dies. The games I've played here, the threads I've made here, the replies I've posted here, everything means so much to me, that I could never possibly forget it. I'm starting to sound cheesy, and fake, but I honestly have to say, whether you believe me or not, this is what I think.
tl;dr

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Whether, or whether not we've negatively progressed, it it still progression, and it is important.
That is your opinion first of all, and this is mine. Everyone thinks differently about the positive, or negative progression MCSG has been having. For me it's positive, for you it's negative.

MCSG will forever and always be a large part of the minecraft community, heck, minecraft in general. There was a statistic somewhere, that said 1/3 of every minecraft account had visited these servers at least once (at least that's what I think, correct me if I'm wrong). That is 1/3 of 10,000,000+ accounts. That is, if you couldn't already tell, a ginormous proportion of players. I do not believe MCSG is going anywhere anytime soon, how could it? With this many players, we are going on strong gaining more everyday. Bad things could happen sure, but at this point of MCSG's monumentus success, it will only chip a small hole in a wall of Obsidian forged by the community, and every player who truly believes in MCSG.

On the topic of this wall, this bond we've created with one another, it can most certainly be chipped, sometimes enough to do significant damage, but I truly believe this community will always be able to re-build it, and rise to the occasion. Hackers, spammers, people set out to ruin others experiences are the pick axes, slowly chipping away at the foundations of MCSG. While you might think "Gee, there are a lot of hackers, how is this 'wall' not destroyed?' One word that will be mentioned an incredulous amount of times throughout this post, community. Those honest, tried and true members of our community, the players who take time to report the rule- breakers, the players who play by the rules, and care about MCSG, and keeping its image and prosperity. On the topic of amazing community members, we will always have staff members, players who dedicate their MCSG career to making the community a better place for everyone, and repairing that wall. Without the staff, that wall would crumble faster than we could react, and leave MCSG like a strayed animal, unknowing of which way to turn, what to do next. As I'm on the topic, I want to sincerely thank any staff member that might come across this post. Without you, we'd be a particle of a server, wallowing in the rule-breakers who aim to ruin the game. While it is not entirely staff members, the community is just as much a part in it, the staff members are to be held mainly responsible for the class of servers, and following that, to be held responsible for the outcomes, in this case, incredible.

While we have possibly had an increase of hackers, lag, and/or server glitches lately, we have not exactly come off our 'high'. We've unfortunately watched many of our older community members lose interest, and fade away from their once loved MCSG. While this is saddening, we mustn't lose hope. There is a chance, a good chance we can go back to these 'Glory Days' of 1.2.5. This situation is almost perfect for the cliche, "Anything is possible", because it really is. We welcome new members almost every day, and can once again form these bonds. We can hope for the lag to die, as I believe it mostly has, and we can regain our 'High.' The glory days are not gone, they are simply slinking in the wallows of our doubts, waiting for the time we can truly believe that they're in fact there.

I will again reiterate that I'm not saying we aren't currently having our glory days, because to me, every time I log into the forums or the servers it's a glory day. This community means a lot to me and always will, even if someday, for some reason, it dies. The games I've played here, the threads I've made here, the replies I've posted here, everything means so much to me, that I could never possibly forget it. I'm starting to sound cheesy, and fake, but I honestly have to say, whether you believe me or not, this is what I think.
Copy pasted

L

Lululioness

Ik this is a weird question but would it be possible to recreate a beta server with the first 3 maps only. I miss when on the first map the corn didn't matter there where crafting tables everywhere and only Armour that was available was leather and wood-stone tools It was just more fun and simple i miss the old days with the old lobby and all. It was fun being chased by creepers knowing that your iron or stone sword could make you win. Then there was map 2 the city map. That one was ok with Gold and iron Armour same with map three. One of my Favorite things was having a random map picked. There has to be some other people who missed the beta days.
Uh.... you obviously didn't play in Beta did you....? xD

I miss when on the first map the corn didn't matter there where crafting tables everywhere and only Armour that was available was leather and wood-stone tools
No.

KiNNEY

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I had this in mind for a while now, I like the idea of going back in time for a day to MCSG beta.
Just to see how far we actually have come since those days!. So people can experience what others have had and understand more, and it gives others a chance to re-live there glory days ;).

L

Lululioness

I had this in mind for a while now, I like the idea of going back in time for a day to MCSG beta.
Just to see how far we actually have come since those days!. So people can experience what others have had and understand more, and it gives others a chance to re-live there glory days ;).
True that ^

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Uh.... you obviously didn't play in Beta did you....? xD.
SG 3 was still beta, we didn't come out of beta until I believe July (God, it's so long ago I can barely remember) and this guy has been around since June.

I do in fact miss the beta days, and I personally would love to go back to beta for a day, but I know that it would never happen. And, then trying to switch back from beta, to MCSGV2 is going to be one of the buggiest things since NCP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci