• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff 1 Year as MCGamer Staff!

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Congrats on 1 year Joey! I really hope you'll stick around for many more c:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Congratulations Joey! I really wish I still got on TeamSpeak as often as I use to; I miss talking to some of the older (as in longer time here) staff members. :(

M

MattGlowstone

Congrats Joey, it has been great working along side you for 4 months, you are one of the people I can come to if I need help or am having relationship problems, once again Congrats! Let's go for another year :)

StratergyGaming

Spectator
Reaction score
Well congratulations!
Always good to see dedicated staff on any server :) Let us hope for another year.

Mike

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Today is an extremely important day for me. I have spent half of my time on the MCGamer Network as a staff member. I have met amazing people, made amazing friends, and accomplished my original goal that I set when I first became a staff member on the network.

I joined the community when there was a limited amount of servers, it was rare to not kicked by a donor, and you had to direct connect to the servers that we wanted to play on. I’m pretty sure a lot of us remember the struggle of refreshing our servers and joining as quickly as we can in order to secure our position in the next game of Survival Games. I’m sure fewer of us remember when Survival Games was the only gamemode. It was in this time period that I met my first Minecraft friend, AlmostBreezy.

We share amazing memories of our friendship. We played every day until I encountered an intense situation at school. In September of 2013, I faced a one-sided conflict with a peer of mine. He had said hurtful things to which I would never respond. The words that he said drove me away, but ultimately drove me back with such a powerful force, that I fell in love with the community. I became staff because I saw a situation in game (yes I was a regular player, no donor) similar to what I was facing. I knew how it felt, so I wanted to find a way to assist with these situations as much as I could, so that they would stop occurring. Breezy suggested that we apply for Moderator, and so we did.

I was extremely excited to become a staff member, and after two failed attempts and countless time studying the rules, I finally made it to the interview stage. I was ecstatic, nervous, and most of all, proud of myself. This was my first time applying for anything. After a 68 day wait for my first interview, I received it and was declined. I was devastated for a long while after that occurrence and took an extended break from the community.

I was driven back into the community with all of my effort, and the first thing I did when I returned in March of 2014 was reapply for the Moderator position. I met Star for the first time, and we became extremely good friends in the waiting period. We were so close, that we cheered each other on until the moment that we went in for our interviews, which conveniently occurred at the same time. StarWilly12 and I have been good friends ever since, and I would never trade her for the world. I was successful in my endeavors this time around. I also met other amazing people from various timezones. BadgerPig recently hit his one year anniversary as a moderator as well. He is also an amazing friend of mine, and we have grown closer recently. On March 30, in an interview led by KiNNEY , I got my iron swords and my red name. I pledged to give it my best shot. And I will continue to do so.

It took me a long time to warm up to the position. I was not nearly as confident as I am now. I dreaded talking to other people, not because of them, but because of my horrible communication skills. My communication skills, and writing skills for that matter, have improved tremendously since I have become a staff member. I was the most terrified of moderating the TeamSpeak because of certain instances that brought back memories. It was not until I paused for a moment to think about the original reasons that I became a staff member in the first place that I truly appreciated moderating the TeamSpeak channels. This was also helped along by the words of encouragement that other staff members gave to me, just one more reason that I love this family that I have joined so much.

I started to really fit into the position well. I even learned that my last name means “To Moderate”. Since then, I have given a large majority of my time here back to the community, and I love every moment of it. I owe so much to the community, and I hope to stay for a long while.

Six months after I became a Moderator, I was offered a position as a Sr Moderator. I never saw this coming, in fact never planned on making it that far. I was pleased that I could start helping the community in greater ways. I finally became more involved. I started hosting Open Mic Night biweekly and playing a role in many other events. I see this as yet another way to give back to the community. I enjoy being around players, and talking to them whenever I get the chance to.

I want to thank everyone for two years in an amazing community, one year as a staff member, and six months as a Sr Moderator. I have a few people in particular that I would like to thank.

AlmostBreezy - Thank you for being supportive of me and encouraging me to apply for the staff position in the first place.

Puritee - Thank you for being one of the most caring, supportive friends that I could ever ask for, and thank you for being there for me even when I am down. You mean a lot to me, I hope you know that.

Equalitee - You have been an amazing friend for a very long time, and we have shared countless laughs together. I hope to remain friends with you for a long time.

Chandelle - Chandelle, you are one of the best friends that I have ever had, and I just want to let you know that I appreciate how supportive you are about everything I do. I like how you are honest with me, and I love being around you. Thank you for introducing me to CS:GO. ;)

Vanicle - Vanessa, you are also one of the best friends that I could ask for. I have grown so immensely close to you in the past few months, and I want you to know that you are amazing. I can trust you with anything, and it feels amazing to be able to trust you that much.

Giggums - Babe <3 I haven’t know you for very long at all, but I can assure you that you are probably the person that I am closest to at the moment. I have told you things that I have never told anyone before. You mean so much to me, and I will not let you go.

Sheldor - Sheldor! Though we have seemingly grown apart and haven’t talked much recently, I would like to tell you that you are my best guy friend. You are one of the people that can make me smile just by talking to me, and I love the conversations that we have from time to time. Thank you for everything you have been done, and may Shodimo live on as a friendship!

Kyle - Kyle, you are the single kindest, most gentle person that I have met, and there is nothing that will change that. You are an amazing friend and look forward to talking to you whenever we get the chance.

StarWilly12 - Star Willy Twelve. You were my waiting buddy, and you were the first person that I actually felt comfortable around. Thank you for making my waiting time interesting, fun, and exciting. Congratulations on your 1 year as well, and I here’s to one more? :p

A message to the staff team:
You guys have been so amazing to me throughout this past year, and I would not trade this spectacular family for anything. I love you guys as a second family. You guys are such hardworking people. Everyone is so supportive of each other, and I love how close everyone is. Keep up the amazing work, guys!

A message to the community:
This community has given me so many skills that I can put to practical use every day. I have overcome so many personal issues because of this community, that I cannot even begin to describe all of them in one post. I want to thank everyone for the support that I have been given, and the challenges that you guys have helped me face. I will continue to help however I can, and I look forward to talking to as many of you as I can!

Here’s to another year!
Congrats Joey! <3 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci