• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff 1 Year as Staff // NagolGames

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score

Hey there guys!

February 24th, 2015. What’s so special about that date you ask? Well, that just so happens to be the date exactly one year ago. The day that I became an MCGamer Staff member.

Throughout this thread, it will include a lot of sappy and expected remarks that you will see on practically every single staff member’s ‘One Year as Staff’ threads.

------------------------------------------------------
To be completely honest with you, time has really flown by. It really doesn’t feel like it has been one year since I became a staff member here. It’s insane to think that one year ago today, I was sitting in the waiting room, being nervous as heck not really knowing what to expect for my interview. Speaking of my interview, let me tell you how my interview and the process that I had to go through to even make it to the interview stage.

I am not going to lie, before being accepted for the Moderator position, I applied for the position quite a few times. Five times to be exact. The first time that I applied for the Moderator position was on June 23rd, 2013. When I go back and look at that application, I laugh and cringe at it because of how bad it was. We don’t need to talk about it :kappa: My most recent application, the one that was accepted, was created on February 11, 2015. There were something that the Administration team at the time had to go through and look it and then on February 19th, 2015 it was responded to by Nick and I was told that I was pushed to the pending stage. Then on February 24th, 2015 at like 3 AM, it was responded too by Nephilim stating that I had made it to the interview stage. When I woke up and I saw that, I was beyond ecstatic and low key freaked out. I jumped out of bed and hopped on TS and I poked Nick and asked him if I could get my waiting rank. I got it and was put in the waiting room. It felt so weird! I went to school and came home and hopped on TS and then was just chilling in the waiting room with my waiting buddy Courtney and a few other moderators whose names I am forgetting. ;-; Then all of a sudden, a few Sr. Staff members join the waiting room and they are telling that they are going to be doing interviews and that they would be moving us up shortly. My heart began pounding very fast and was panicking! I remember my interview being pretty chill! I was nervous as all get out, but hey, that has to be expected, right? My interview was conducted by some of my favorite people, Joey, Chandelle, KellieBreanne, and Kyle. Vanicle | Vanessa also dropped in at the end. I was able to breathe easy again at the end. It was a joy to be able to join the moderator channels and talk with the other staff members for the first time. It was so cool.

Starting off as a mod had it ups and downs just like anything else would. It was overwhelming to learn all of the processes and punishment lengths and other things that Moderators did and still do to this day. It was invigorating that I was able to ban the people who ruin other player's days by coming onto the network and hacking or abusing them or something such as that. Each ban/mute that I initiated made me feel really good. It made me feel like I was helping improve the atmosphere and removing any toxicity that existed.

So several months pass of me slaying hackers and toxic players on the daily. It was Saturday, October 17th, 2015. We had one of our bi-monthly staff meetings. However, this meeting was not at all one of the normal meetings where we just cover some stuff. Something big happened. This was the day that the Sr. Staff team changed forever. We were all waiting for the meeting to start in the meeting channel and then all of a sudden I hear people being moved out of the channel and then before I could check to see where they were off too, I was moved as well. We were in a Sr. Staff meeting room. All of the Admins and a majority of the Sr. Moderators who were already Sr. Moderators. We were all given the opportunity to become a member of the Sr. Staff team. We were all really shocked and panicking, like “is this really happening right now?!” kind of things. There were eighteen of us total. It was insane. Of course, there are two group of Sr. Mods, which you can read about HERE. We were in for a wild ride! I was and am still in “CAm’s Angels” aka the PR/Punishment Dispute group. All of us were put into a Trial-Sr. Moderator position. We had a month to prove ourselves worthy and that we are able to handle the position and other things. I successfully passed my trial and became a full MCGamer Sr. Moderator. I was so excited that I would be able to help out people in more ways than before.

Now we have reached more or less the present day. January 18th, 2016 will be a day that I will never forget. At first, for me, it just seemed like normal Monday night. I had work until 8 PM that night. When I got out of work and was walking to my car, I pulled out my phone to start checking on the notifications that I had missed within the past 4 hours that I was at work. I got a text from another staff member that my pals Yannick and Chandelle were promoted to Administrator. I was so ecstatic for them! I drove on home and hopped on TS and then joined a mod channel that honestly had like ¼ of the staff team in it. I started to congratulate them for their massive accomplishment and then I was moved out of the channel into another channel. That night, I was offered me a position in the Administration team. I was shocked and speechless. My mouth legitimately dropped and I couldn’t formulate words for a bit. I eventually composed myself and accepted the offer. I was in awe that this was actually happening. After I accepted the offer, Chandelle and Yannick were moved up into the channel that I was in and we all were freaking out. I will never forget that moment. We were and still currently are on a trial period as Administrators. In the assumption that I pass my trial, I will add a section to this thread stating what exactly I do and what you all can contact me for/about.

When I became a staff member, I had never imagined myself being where I am today. It is still mind blowing to think about that. Another thing that blows my mind is my Spanish. When I first became a staff member here, my spanish was eh. I knew stuff from school and what the teacher(s) have told me is correct and such. After becoming a staff member, I was immersed in the wonderful language of Spanish. I have been dealing/translating things from Spanish to English and vice versa and it has helped me improve my spanish speaking, typing, and understanding of Spanish. 12 months ago, I would not have been able to carry on a conversation with native speakers, but now I am able too and it is amazing. I love it so much. I can’t wait to improve more. -- No puedo esperar a mejorar más :)
-----------------------------------------------
I’d say that that’s enough essay’ing for now, wouldn’t you say? Now, I would like to go through and tag some people who have made my time here amazing so far and write something about/for them. Please note that if I didn’t tag you, that does NOT mean that I don’t like you or that you haven’t made my time here amazing so far. I’ll put it in alphabetical order :^)

Athenaa: AMANDA! Thank you for all that you have done for me! I remember back in the days when you were contemplating applying for staff here and I was pushing you to apply and you finally did and you’re here now :) I am so glad to be able to call you a really good friend of mine. c:
CAmadeusA: CAm, where do I even begin. Thank you for all that you have done for me and thank you for believing in my abilities here at MCGamer. You have shaped me into the person that I am today and I appreciate that. I have learned everything Sr. Staff related from you. I am still learning new things daily! Thank you for all of the opportunities that you have given me. I will be forever grateful for them. I am glad to be working with you and being able to slay things :p. Thank you :)

ChadTheDJ: Thank you for maintaining this network and doing all of your fancy back end work. Also, thank you for the opportunity of being a member of the Administration team! Glad to be working with you!

Chandelle: CHANDELLE OMG. Honestly thank you for everything. Thank you for understanding me and my craziness. I don’t know how you deal with me on a daily basis tbh. Like I said earlier in this thread, Chandelle was actually in my moderator position interview! We became Sr. Moderators together and now we are Administrators together. It’s still so crazy to think about that! I am extremely happy that I get to work with you on a daily basis and slay things like it’s nothing. I cannot wait to see what our futures have in store for us!
Cueue | David: Girl, you are crazy and never have any chill xD. #tbt to when we would play CS:GO until like 4 AM and all that fun stuff. Ayyy lmao.

Ava: :kappa:

Exzone: I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. Volim te c:

Frankyy: Dylan, honestly you are such an amazing person. You are the kind of friend that everyone needs to have. I miss our long talks that we would have and just venting and giving each other advice on whatever we needed. I am glad that I am able to work with you and am able to call you a close friend. Don’t you leave me anytime soon, k? :p

Freshly: Jay!!! omg!! Well you are v special because we share the same birthday! When you were a Sr. Moderator and you resigned, I was really sad. I didn’t expect that at all to be completely honest with you. It happened all so suddenly. When you came on TS and said that you had reapplied for moderator, I was jumping up and down! I am glad that we get to talk on the daily and work work work! :D. Love you :)

Goldsminer: Thank you for being a pal :^)

MisiLica: MICHAEL ily. We have been pretty good friends since the beginning! You slayed everything. I was so hyped for you when you received the opportunity to be a Sr. Staff member! GG :D I love being able to help you with your spanish homework and such. You have improved IMMENSELY! c:

_Pyrrhic: PURRIC oMG. Honestly I have so much that I could say because you are 10/10 amazing!! Thank you for being such an amazing friend! I love talking to you until it is 10 hours past the time that I should be asleep! Oh and we are meeting in like three weeks and I AM SO HYPED for that you have no idea. ugh tysm for everything and for dealing with my craziness!
ShaiPR7: Shai!! Solo te quiero decir que gracias por todo que has hecho para mí. Lo aprecio más que pensarías c: Me has ayudado mejorar mi Español en todas maneras posible. Me alegro de que podamos trabajar el uno con el otro! :D Hablemos pronto otra vez :D

TotalDramaTony: Thank you for all that you do. You slay. I love our late night vents and just chilling. Thank you for being real with me and telling me things like they are. It's appreciated :)

TrebleMaker: AlYsSa! ilysm. Thank you for all that you do and have done for me. Your “nightly” twitter videos give me life!! You slay at what you do and I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. I can’t wait until you visit America so that there is more of a chance that we can meetup??!! I love our late night talks/rants because they are as real as real can get!! Thank you c:

Yannick : ah yannick. I am glad that we are friends. I remember back to the days before you were a mod when we would talk late at night and just chill. I miss those talks. But hey, now look where we are. Time flies :) Thank you for dealing with my craziness and being able to handle me and such. ily!

Well, that seems to cover it all for the most part. To end it off, I just wanted to thank you all. Yeah, you guys, the community. Thank you for coming onto the network and having a good time. It’s always fantastic to see players having a fun time whether it is just by themselves, or if it’s with some friends.

Thank you -- Gracias

NagolGames

Last edited:

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
Congrats on 1 year and thank you for all you do! You and Yannick ^ are the dynamic duo! Best of luck on passing your trials! (Even though you have it in the bag) :)

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Congrats to you, Logan! If I'm honest, I didn't expect you to become our next administrator when you were first accepted. There are tons of moderators who are accepted, and I thought you would just be another one of those who hang around for awhile and eventually leave the staff team. You've proven me and many others wrong. Its funny, because I remember looking at your application to vote on accepting you, actually. How things have changed. I'm proud that I could have a very small role to play in your rise to the administrative position. Best of luck to you in the future in your role as an administrator.

Andrew

Experienced
Reaction score
Congratulations Logan! Te Amo! I remember when I came on TS long long ago before I got moderator and I was moved into a channel with you. I heard somebody speaking Spanish and was immediately taken by your charm. And now you are an administrator holy cow. You are such an amazing person and friend, I miss those days honestly and I hope we talk like we used to. - xoxo andy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci