• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

10,000 Posts - MCGamer Cinematics Competition

How many times have you seen the new Star Wars movie?

• More than 3 times!!!

• Twice!

• Once!

• I haven't seen it, because I'm a silly goose and should watch it soon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

(taken April 5th, 2014 - Teweran SG)

Before we begin, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, the masterful art of Minecraft Cinematics. Such a practice can create enticing video thumbnails, or set the mood for a submitted map and make or break its success. As it has been said many times before, the presentation of a creation is just as important as the creation itself.

Therefore, it is time to bring to our network a competition of most epic proportions, a cinematics competition! Instead of doing something as usual for a milestone for post count, I decided to switch things up. I've made 9 posts before this all conveying the same deep and meaningful message, and at this point I'm sure everyone who uses these forums half as much as I do can understand how much it means to all of us. Therefore, I need not tell people what they already know and can relate to :)

So, how do I enter this competition thingy?

Great question! Uh, you take screenshots, duh. Heh, I'm kidding of course, this is slightly more complicated than that.

Criteria

- Your screenshot must be of a map, hub, lobby, or location on the MCGamer Network
- Your submission must state where the screenshot was taken - when is optional. (for example, see my screenshot at the top of the thread)
- Shaders is not required, however it will definitely help in almost any way possible, and using shaders is highly encouraged
- Your submission may have up to 5 separate screenshots included
- Submissions must be images, not videos
- If there are any extra questions, feel free to PM me and I can clarify

Where do I submit my work?

Right on the thread! The way the judging is done is by popular opinion and personal judgement based on the criteria. The more positive feedback you receive, the better you are likely to do however anybody caught purposely asking for or creating positive feedback will be disqualified.

Once you have your screenshots and a solid submission, simply post it here on this thread and it will be viewed by the community!

Prizes? HELLO??!!?!!?

This is a Hunger Games centered network, and in the Hunger Games there is only one victor. The same will apply here. The best submission will receive a one month gold rank for the account of their choice, so get to it guys!

The competition will end on January 1st, 2016.

(taken November 11th, 2014 - MCGamer Hub)

(taken November 11th, 2014 - MCGamer Hub)

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Hey Sky. I hate you. But congrats on 10,000 posts #cerbear

fexr

District 13
Reaction score
Woohoo! Congrats on 10,000 posts Cerorinub!

My first photo was taken on November 11th, 2014 : of MCGamer V1 - click here to view it.

My second photo was taken on November 13th, 2014 : of MCGamer V2 - click here to view it.

_Pyrrhic
if only we still had those amazing hubs. the ones now look terrible

Primeval

Diamond
Reaction score
Nostalgic 2014 Hubs... Now you got me thinking about when there was like a thirty server hub. You hit my brain real hard Sky :)

JustinNitz

Tribute
Reaction score
Congratulations on 10,000 posts. If you really think about it, that is so many posts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci