• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

): ;-(

Rixzo

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents,

| I would like to start off saying happy new year! I hope it will be a very good year for all of you from different parts of the world playing MCSG :) |

Anyways, before you blurt something out. I know many many of you guys know what are all of my Minecraft accounts, or at least know which accounts I use on Minecraft servers recently. If you didn't knew me, then let's start of introducing who I am obviously... I am Rixzo, CreeperGoesPro (at least use to have that account), Mr_Spyrew7, SpyrewMC, Prevailin, Tripzyy, numnum789 and ect. Yes, Indeed I do have a lot of Minecraft accounts.

Moving on to a Topic that tends to be serious in many ways. Before I begin, please do not say OMG you are quitting for the tenth time! *Sighs* Where do we start, well let's start off saying this topic involves me getting into my minecraft and how it has impacted my life. Minecraft has been such a wonderful game that gave me so much memories that I could possibly remember like it happened yesterday. Minecraft along with MCSG, made it even more exciting and a blast doing it. For example, clan battles, playing with friends, and just tryharding mainly when going solo. So what I'm trying to say is that, minecraft really did impact my life so much. There are so many reasons to list. Although, I will list the main reasons that really did make my life miserable. The main reasons that made my life miserable: losing friends, losing family, losing social life/social skills, and lacking of school work. Yes, I know very very sad. When New year had happened, I was thinking way back when I was having so much fun with my in real life friends where I was at the point laughing my butt off every single day. At the time I was a good kid who got good grades, had good friends, and ect. When my parents got divorced, thats when things had to come to a end, for instance I decided to go on the computer more and played this game ever since. I thought minecraft was going to help me solve my problems. Recently, I just found out the answer to that. It does not help solve you're problems, well why... Minecraft causes more disasters since it can be filled with cyberbullying and ddos threats.

What I'm basically pointing out in this paragraph is why am I being so hard on myself. Since, I lost all my friends (no joke), and I really do want my friends back. If there was a way for me to start over and get my feet back on the right path/track.

It would be very nice if you guys could consider or give me a certain comment that would help me get my old friends back. Since, on my 2015 new year's resolution was to go back to the old me. Yes, "old me" being my old self was the best person I could possibly be. However, I had so much more friends back to the "old me". Obviously, right off the bat I feel Good and do you want to know what I did over 2014 summer? Pretty much played MCSG all summer and I wasted my life over a game.
Here's my question to you guys, can you accomplish anything while playing infront of a screen? Or Can you accomplish doing stuff outside with friends?
Playing games infront of a screen that is really pointless in my opinion, in other words I would say it's hard getting off minecraft. It's like being attached to it, for example you're taking drugs and you're addicted to that certain "drug". Minecraft is such a big addiction to me, and I have no other way to get out of it. Because, I want to enjoy my life outside.

It is currently 3:41 a.m. while typing this, yes indeed I have bad grammer!

HELP ME!
HELP ME!
HELP ME!
HELP ME!
HELP ME!

Last edited by a moderator:

Attorah

Platinum
Reaction score
With Minecraft, it can be incredibly addictive and feel like a substitute for real life activities and a nice distraction from school, but you have to try and get the balance right. I've recently had a mind state about not really caring about anything anymore other than joining the servers and either moderating and playing, in in all honestly, it had taken up the majority of my holiday.
I guess I've also lost some friends to due to Minecraft, and others don't agree with me playing it. But if you want to get 'friends back', then I think you have to be the pro-active one in the situation and try and contact them. There's no use waiting for them to come for you. It's hard to explain as each situation is very personal and unique to each individual, but putting more effort into something does really help- and I think that applies to nearly anything in life.
The most important thing is being happy, and I think that comes from finding the balance between what you do. For example, try and limit yourself to how much you play the game each day and make room for other hobbies and interests.
To touch upon what I said earlier, you can't wait for this moment where you'll just suddenly be motivated to go outside and do other things, you'll need to build yourself up and gently ease into it.
I really struggled balancing moderating with school work, but if you prioritise the right thing at the time, it will work out. I also depend less on the game for enjoyment, but use it more as an incentive for other more laborious activites. The main one coming to mind is revision. So I would tell myself if I revised for say 2 hours, I would be able to go on my PC for an hour.
I also tend to only go on my PC in the evening because it's the time of the day when you can't do too much, and you would have had time to carry out lots of your activites, so it feels like my time isn't being wasted at all.
Also, don't dwell on your 'old self' because everyone changes over time, and this is natural. Just focus on adapting your new self.
I hope at least some of this helped.
:)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
With Minecraft, it can be incredibly addictive and feel like a substitute for real life activities and a nice distraction from school, but you have to try and get the balance right. I've recently had a mind state about not really caring about anything anymore other than joining the servers and either moderating and playing, in in all honestly, it had taken up the majority of my holiday.
I guess I've also lost some friends to due to Minecraft, and others don't agree with me playing it. But if you want to get 'friends back', then I think you have to be the pro-active one in the situation and try and contact them. There's no use waiting for them to come for you. It's hard to explain as each situation is very personal and unique to each individual, but putting more effort into something does really help- and I think that applies to nearly anything in life.
The most important thing is being happy, and I think that comes from finding the balance between what you do. For example, try and limit yourself to how much you play the game each day and make room for other hobbies and interests.
To touch upon what I said earlier, you can't wait for this moment where you'll just suddenly be motivated to go outside and do other things, you'll need to build yourself up and gently ease into it.
I really struggled balancing moderating with school work, but if you prioritise the right thing at the time, it will work out. I also depend less on the game for enjoyment, but use it more as an incentive for other more laborious activites. The main one coming to mind is revision. So I would tell myself if I revised for say 2 hours, I would be able to go on my PC for an hour.
I also tend to only go on my PC in the evening because it's the time of the day when you can't do too much, and you would have had time to carry out lots of your activites, so it feels like my time isn't being wasted at all.
Also, don't dwell on your 'old self' because everyone changes over time, and this is natural. Just focus on adapting your new self.
^^^ This... Couldn't have said it better. c:

I have had experiences similar situations towards having video games to be a more dominant aspect of your life than anything else. I too have had issues in the past that relate towards bullying, fights, or simply family issues. And I too have believed that being in this community would help solve my issues.
And in a manner, I would definitely agree with how much of an impact playing video games can be, especially when it reflects back towards your social life.

I have grown up being discriminated occasionally, and ironic as it is, I was raised in an international educational facility. Quite a few people have actually shown their sympathies to me, and those few people are long gone, all around the world. I was quite fortunate that I had access to social media to keep in touch with them, the internet had definitely brought up a connection with those whom I truly cared about, however, brought me down towards an envious attitude when looking among those enjoying their lifestyle while I relax, watch anime, and write.

I was not a very accepted individual for many people, nor will I be in the future. But I generally do as much as I can, activities, hobbies, or focus in lessons. I participate in things that bring a smile to my face. It is indeed your choice towards what you really want to do with your future; it is a matter of perception, and how you outlook your own life. What does make you happy?

I have participated in clubs such as debating and all that, to maintain my social speaking skills, while maintaining an active life within the MCGamer network. Although it has been an issue prioritizing my time with homework and when I play games, I eventually have gotten my jobs done, and I still wish to strive to improve myself for things I am most ambitious about, although this is just me. But about you, it does seem that you are ambitious towards redeeming your social status, and to be with your friends again before you began playing games.

Despite the fact that we are in different situations, I completely understand what it is like trying to be with those who you care about. If you have intentions to be less active within the network, we would like to remind you that no one is forcing you to stay here. It is entirely your choice with what you intend to do with your life, and how you wish to aspire for your goals. And in a matter of fact, we would be more than happy to support you when in need.

As Attorah has stated, it is always best to prioritize your time, but if you have issues with playing games towards an extent where little is done otherwise, then I would highly recommend slowly decreasing your play timings. It is always decent to take slow, and steady steps when trying to personally improve your lifestyle.

Trying to talk to people, or trying to make friends are general aspects of a social kind of lifestyle. And quite a few of people do have difficulties with talking to others, especially with confidence. One thing I would consider is the worst case scenario on when you attempt to chat with somebody. And when doing so, you will realize that talking to someone else isn't as bad as you think. Also, if you were a confident person before, and you still are in contact with your old friends, then there is no harm in getting to contact with them a second time, try to catch up with them. <3

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Since I don't know your exact situation, this may not be the most helpful, but I've run into similar problems. What you've gotta do is just go and talk to them! I mean, they were your friends before, if you try and hang out with them again you can get on the right track to becoming friends with them again. Don't bring up any bad things that may have happened in the past, just go in there like nothing ever happened. If there is something preventing you from doing that, however, try making new friends through mutual friends. Just meet people in your classes and chill out with them. If they kind of "invite you" into their social group, you're all good! Just make sure they're the right kind of people :)

Rixzo

Spectator
Reaction score
^^^ This... Couldn't have said it better. c:

I have had experiences similar situations towards having video games to be a more dominant aspect of your life than anything else. I too have had issues in the past that relate towards bullying, fights, or simply family issues. And I too have believed that being in this community would help solve my issues.
And in a manner, I would definitely agree with how much of an impact playing video games can be, especially when it reflects back towards your social life.

I have grown up being discriminated occasionally, and ironic as it is, I was raised in an international educational facility. Quite a few people have actually shown their sympathies to me, and those few people are long gone, all around the world. I was quite fortunate that I had access to social media to keep in touch with them, the internet had definitely brought up a connection with those whom I truly cared about, however, brought me down towards an envious attitude when looking among those enjoying their lifestyle while I relax, watch anime, and write.

I was not a very accepted individual for many people, nor will I be in the future. But I generally do as much as I can, activities, hobbies, or focus in lessons. I participate in things that bring a smile to my face. It is indeed your choice towards what you really want to do with your future; it is a matter of perception, and how you outlook your own life. What does make you happy?

I have participated in clubs such as debating and all that, to maintain my social speaking skills, while maintaining an active life within the MCGamer network. Although it has been an issue prioritizing my time with homework and when I play games, I eventually have gotten my jobs done, and I still wish to strive to improve myself for things I am most ambitious about, although this is just me. But about you, it does seem that you are ambitious towards redeeming your social status, and to be with your friends again before you began playing games.

Despite the fact that we are in different situations, I completely understand what it is like trying to be with those who you care about. If you have intentions to be less active within the network, we would like to remind you that no one is forcing you to stay here. It is entirely your choice with what you intend to do with your life, and how you wish to aspire for your goals. And in a matter of fact, we would be more than happy to support you when in need.

As Attorah has stated, it is always best to prioritize your time, but if you have issues with playing games towards an extent where little is done otherwise, then I would highly recommend slowly decreasing your play timings. It is always decent to take slow, and steady steps when trying to personally improve your lifestyle.

Trying to talk to people, or trying to make friends are general aspects of a social kind of lifestyle. And quite a few of people do have difficulties with talking to others, especially with confidence. One thing I would consider is the worst case scenario on when you attempt to chat with somebody. And when doing so, you will realize that talking to someone else isn't as bad as you think. Also, if you were a confident person before, and you still are in contact with your old friends, then there is no harm in getting to contact with them a second time, try to catch up with them. <3
Since I don't know your exact situation, this may not be the most helpful, but I've run into similar problems. What you've gotta do is just go and talk to them! I mean, they were your friends before, if you try and hang out with them again you can get on the right track to becoming friends with them again. Don't bring up any bad things that may have happened in the past, just go in there like nothing ever happened. If there is something preventing you from doing that, however, try making new friends through mutual friends. Just meet people in your classes and chill out with them. If they kind of "invite you" into their social group, you're all good! Just make sure they're the right kind of people :)
Wow! Thanks guys, really much appreciated! This will help me out a lot. I am glad that I am getting help, especially that fact this is over the internet. It's good to hear people in this community can actually help you out, like man this is very useful. I can't thank you guys enough for helping me out, it is really is the nicest things that people have ever done for me.

Now that i've read you're guys' posts I think I am going to take things very slowly, and take small steps to either getting my olds friends back or make new friends. Oh and also, I forgot to mention that I am currently a freshman in highschool. It can be very hard in highschool, since everybody goes through those "changes", which they start hanging out with different people and top of that they are being different as well. Another thing I wanted to mention is that when I start making new friends, how should I interact with them? As the matter of the fact, making new friends in highschool is a big change for me and can be very hard sometimes. Back to about my old friends, should I just start talking them and what certain topics should I bring up... Yes, I tend to be very bad at conservations, although I am kind of funny in classes. All I wanted to do is do both, make new friends and get my old friends back.

Like I've said before in the thread post, I am very bad with my sentences. Which makes my grammar very bad, and my social skills did decreased I believe :c

zoplik90

Career
Reaction score
Rixzo, I can't really say much to help but I feel like you should do what you think is right. If you quit, good luck with getting your friends back <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci