• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2 years Helix: The story continues...

Do you like the Helix stories?

• Yes!

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • No I'm blind from reading it all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score

Our anniversary logo, special thanks to Miner9823 for creating it!

Exactly 2 years ago, on the 10th of May, Helix was created. Today we will continue the story of team helix, with all the extra information and background stories you have most likely never heard before! Once again, this is going to be a somewhat long thread. After all, you can't put a whole year in just a few lines right? To read about our first year, visit this thread.

So where did we end the story last time? Right, on the 10th of may, 2015.
As the summer was getting closer, our revamp of Holiday resort was added to the MCSG servers! I am happy to say that you can still play it today. Revamping a map isn't as easy as you would think it is, but it was a lot of fun and after it got accepted, we played the map a few times with the team & some friends!

After Holiday Resort 2, we started a few SG map projects that didn't really work. We had a map set in the 1800's as well as a map based on Las vegas. Though the maps were never finished or publicly released, its possible that we recreate/finish them in the future. We continued the team with working on some commissions. We built some 1v1 arenas, FFA maps and a shipwreck lobby. Below you can see some of the maps!

Now that the summer season had started, most of us went on vacation or took a break from the team.
After a some unfortunate events within the team, a few staff members were forced to leave us to be able to keep our friendly environment in the team. We continued to do our think, as we started on a collab with RedForest. We started the build of a secret project which we have yet to reveal, who knows, you might see it in the finished map section in the future!

Late summer we started creating a new map: New Horizons. named after NASA's space probe, the map is set on a huge UFO geared up with mining equipment to mine the nearby planet for resources. This was our main project during the Autumn of 2015, but there were some other projects that we worked on during this period.

New Horizons was, and still is, a great map. Comparing it to the quality of maps made previously makes it seem even more amazing. While making this map, we also created 4 lobbies & The 2015 Halloween map for MCGamer. The Halloween map was made within 2 weeks! I remember working really hard to get it done in time and it was absolutely amazing to see the team work together so well to get it all together before Halloween.

For the lobbies we stuck with the style that the main hub has. We also made Halloween & Christmas versions for our lobbies. 2 out of 4 lobbies were selected to be replace the current lobbies (This still hasn't happened).

November had only just started when Team Helix became officially partnered with MCGamer!
On the 7th of november, AlpakaWhacker told me that Helix could join the other build teams.
It was a very special moment for everyone in the team and we had a huge TeamSpeak party! Becoming partnered with MCGamer had been our goal for months, and we were very happy that we finally realized that!

With Winter just around the corner, we started a new Snowy map. We made quite a bit of progress on the map when we were asked to do the 2016 Valentines map for MCGamer by Yannick. Of course we started right away and within 1.5 weeks we had a Valentines map ready for the event! The event was a huge success and I personally enjoyed seeing the MCGamer community explore the new map that we had created. it was a huge honor to be able to create this.

After the event, we returned to the snowy map. But with our 2 year anniversary in sight, we decided to freeze (haha) the project and start on our anniversary project. The map has been several months in the making and we are pleased to say that we will be releasing it very soon!

And now we have arrived in the present. May 10th, 2016. Helix has been a build team for a full 2 years. I have had the privilege to lead this amazing group of talented members for over 1 year now, and I will certainly continue to do so. I want to thank all our previous and current members, staff members and developers for bringing us where we are now.

Will you be next?
Do you want to have a great time with us? Create maps together, learn from each other and above all have a ton of fun? Apply now! Together with you we could make even better maps and strive to create the absolute best!

Again, thanks everyone for being amazing and supportive. Here is to another year!

- Sanders
A proud Helix owner

redikus

Experienced
Reaction score
It has always been a pleasure to work with you guys. I love you all!

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
WOOOOO CONGRATS ON 2 YEARS!!! So proud of everyone and thank you so much sanders for letting me into the team!! I look forward to the many builds to come!!!

Reaction score
It's a shame that all these amazing things you've made haven't made it to where it needed to be. but hopefully people will see the light and not take you for advantage!

MCSG would be so much more appreciated if they just got the job done and added these masterpieces!

I can't wait for the next map #SanFranTease :3

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
It's a shame that all these amazing things you've made haven't made it to where it needed to be. but hopefully people will see the light and not take you for advantage!
MCSG would be so much more appreciated if they just got the job done and added these masterpieces!

I can't wait for the next map #SanFranTease :3
Haha,we look forward to releasing it ;-)

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And what a journey it has been!
Very proud to be part of such an amazing team, and I am really excited to see what the next year has to come!
:thumbsup: (y) :coffee: :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci