• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2000 Posts! ^=^

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have finally reached 2000th posts on the forums so I decided to post a special thread looking back on the time I've spent here so far. For my 1000th post almost exactly a year ago(13/2/15 to be exact o.0), I posted my general mcsg story. Even though lots has happened in 1 whole year I didn't want to just extend the essay i wrote back then so I'm presenting my time here in SCREENSHOTS. Here are my favourite screenshots from over the years of mcsg, month by month since I started here back in 2012... (with some vauge annotations). Yes, there are ALOT but I wanted to include everything....and I got a bit carried away xD.

Not only do they show my personal time here, lots of them show the general history of this server and many important events that led mcgamer to become what it is today. Feel feel to look through if you just want a nostalgia trip:ROFLMAO: :ROFL:

I've spent the last week stuck at 1999 posts as I was putting off sorting through over 12000 screenshots lol

you must read the whole thing before closing
So long ago ;')

I actually used my brother's account (Mlpoknzaba) to play mcsg after he told me about the server in May 2012. I was a hardcore fan of the hunger games books and I enjoyed minecraft so a mix of both seemed pretty cool to 13 year old me. I barely have any screenshots though as I didn't...actually...know...how to take them..... So I just have a few my bro took. Plus I barely played the game, maybe 10 games a month maximum throughout 2012.
Long story short I typical was minecraft/mcsg 'noob'

June 2012

First ever screenie i have of mcsg....

October 2012

First time we ever saw an admin ingame. I remember thinking all staff had fly hacks and could give themselves gear xD

not really relevant but UGh remember these colours?

A lot more screenshots coming real soon... I eventually got my own minecraft account in Feb 2013 'TheMangoTiger'. Apparently I learnt how to take screenshots around May 2013 as there are loads from then onwards. During the beginning of 2013 I didn't really play mcsg c:

May 2013

I joined the forums here in May 2013. First and only thing I was told by my brother: 'halfsquirrel doesn't like double posting'. I think took it very seriously as now i hate double posting lol

First time I ever got accused of hacking.. and the accusation was flippin CHEST FINDER. People clearly couldn't grasp the concept of a chest route.. oh well

August 2013

Even back then I had fans! (jkjk this happened once #mangosquad)

Chad's Streams were always fun :)

Until this happened rip the dream

September 2013

Whatever happened to tier 3s? xD

We tried to make a god apple.... we failed:facepalm:

October 2013

I don't remember this happening... xD

This was the month I won the 1 month iron donor rank from sixzoseven's giveaway:X3: :3

I never used to know how people got up on here... xD

#bringbackachievements2016

November 2013

Obligatory throwback picture of my all time favourite lobby!

I also bought diamond donor in the black friday sale :D

December 2013

Finally got a good computer, you can tell now the pictures are a lot less square lmao ^=^

I miss SG5, and I miss random teaming every game

FFA was added to mcsg!

At this point my brother was playing minecraft less and less and I was playing it more and more xD Although I didn't really know anyone and didn't have teamspeak, I was added to a skype group chat called casual mcsgers (rip that skype group.. good times:coffee::love:) I think it made me try and become less awkward and actually try to talk to more people:ROFLMAO: :ROFL:

2014 was like 3 days ago right?

January 2014

Took long enough but.. another first

To this day have no idea how he got up here legit

i saw god

OMGOMGOMG Tiger ITS YOU IN SURVIVAL

thecreeperfarts said i was good.. (such fangirl wow molly stop)

such stream many mod
think this was quarter quell opening stream

50 winzzz
Just realised I never mentioned my 1st win... It was on SG4 around 8 months after I played my first game, the only win I ever got on the account Mlpoknzaba. It was a cleanup ninja attack c:

Sg2 chests were a tiny bit broken xD

pooh

QUARTER QUELL AY

February 2014

MCSG had a FFA map competition and I actually entered, with this map called Mirage. I had never used WE or done anything to this scale so even though looking back it really wasn't that great, I learnt loads about building and it inspired me to become better C:

First time I had a bounty over 1000.... first time I lost a bounty over 1000 ;-;
(@ casualmcsgers thx for that)

RF test games for one of their sg maps c:

Rip

*Molly apparently learns how to press F5 button*

March 2014

Something was happening here.... don't know what, but I know it was something:ninja:

I met my idol!!!!

Creative, I miss you a lot xoxo

Used to be such a hardcore thatonetomahawk fan not gonna lie

Found a way to the super secret staff only area

April 2014

April Fools Day '14: You exploded if you stepped off your pedestal too early, pink text, swords were replaced by enchanted fish and everyone was a villager... that pooped eggs.
WHY

pls come back ;-;-;-;

@miner9823 it's you!!

May 2014
nothing happened this month lol

June 2014
Got bored of MCSG at this point, moved onto other things online and irl

July 2014
Played a few games, but not many. I had met a good few people who I still talked to on skype/forums though

The hub games. LMAO

squad

I have 0 screenshots from August and September. I must have actually left my house *shivers*

October 2014

I miss games like this </3

Yannick platinum nub

November

2014 Halloween map.. not as good as 2015's ;)

The AntVenom merge happened idk why... but survival bingo is amazing so

December 2014

lolol

Merry Xmas :)

If you read this far then you are extremely cool and deserve a cookie. 2015 was the year I met the most people and actually started using ts and skype a lot more. I'm v awk and pretty shy irl before you get to know me, so talking to people online doesn't come naturally to me xD. However I've met so many fab/brill/awesome people and I want to say thank you to all of you <3

January 2015

Finally got 100 wins xD

Also finally got a legit screenie with chad lol

Deception Games 2!
Did pretty well considering I was solo against at least 3 teams of 5+ xD

Also applied for and was accepted into Kithex this month!

Andddd I turned 16 :)

Shoutout to Tiger for building me a birthday... house thing xD

February 2014
Incoming spam of valentine's day event screenies :love::love::love:

the spam is real

<3

goals

loved when this happened xD

vigi plat ;o

March 2015

Tiger Vigilo Exzone and others organised an SMP and I was really surprised when I was invited to join :D It was amazing even though it only lasted a month or 2, but I made many friends from that SMP ^-^ and of course, gained my name themeloncow :)

cow and melon obsession

;-; Ex0dUs101 this is ur fault

April 2015

April 1st = stats reset ;-;-;-; what a great day to do it too xD

Me n Serecno became bffs after I helped him escape this

halla

chad should do more streams they are fun

LMAO SG4 DIED

aw tiger got mod <333

I tried to play deception games 3, my computer crashed pre game xD

squad (don't know what was happenin here lol)

May 2015

I am Vigilo

After 1 and a half years of diamond I decided to upgrade to platinum :)

first thing i did: flew up parkour

June 2015

Luv a good 7 team

I won a game of survival bingo at the gamemode spotlight... yes I did actually win something for once
Exzone lol you were so close xD

the leafygreentea #swarm demonsushi :ROFLMAO: :ROFL:

Sanders when you were pink and i was blue :)
Also I joined Helix at this point WOOO

i was owner for 2 seconds cc:

deadly descent queen

July 2015
Was on holiday the whole month xD

August 2015

SoloSG became a thing and I tryharded it for a lil bit </3

awwe:laugh: :LOL::love:

Hub pool party!!

September 2015

Staff Vs Community in the community games.... was successfully 1st death:facepalm:

:)

luke pls

October 2015
Played no mcsg games this month.. was too busy building with Helix :). We finished New Horizons (v1) having started it in early September and then built Mausoleum in time for halloween:cool:

hot Sanders

(i am Luka)

Loved helping to build this map <3
I ranked up to advanced and then master in helix due to my help on new horizons and mausoleum c:

Making a God Apple in UHC worlds for the scavenger hunt ^.^

November 2015

First time playing on a mcsg map i helped build <3

First time winning on it ^=^

Gathered at my graveo_O

#TigersUnite

December 2015

Christmas Games <3

Finally 2016, this thread took much longer than I first thought xD

January 2016
MCSG maker got released so I actually played some games of that:

(December I know sHH)

SassySauce <3

diamondssss

I got mapmaker this month! For my work on Mausoleum. I didn't actually know I was going to get it until a few weeks before, so it was a very nice surprise :)

First mapmaker win!

and this month I turned 17... last screenshot of 16 was on the day before my birthday:

<3

February 2016
That brings me to now c: I barely actually play mcsg currently, whenever I am on minecraft I will usually afk in the US hub and talk to people occasionally, or more likely I'll be on Helix building stuffs ^=^

If you actually read this through or even took the time to look at a few of the screenshots then thanks:joy: :joyful:Honestly don't think anyone will but I really enjoyed making this thread regardless, having a a #throwbackthursday (although it's technically Friday now because i took so long writing this rip)

I put it all inside a spoiler as there was just too much (almost 2000 words according to word):coffee:.

Shoutout to all the forums ppl who make this place interesting and shoutout to the staff who put up with everyone complaining about everything. Also shoutout to everyone in Helix, i love building with you guys and I'm excited for the future #HYPE ;)

I don't want to type specific thank yous as I never know how to explain what I'm trying to say lol... and i can't english rn its 1am.... plus I always miss someone out ... so thank you everyone :D

Last edited:

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
I read through all the screenshots and looked at how far MCSG has come. I remember the good 2012 years and the giant lobby, and each generation of MCSG lobbies after that. I saw all these staff members in their early MCSG days and was amazing. Many of the MCSG maps from earlier years that are no longer with us also made me happy to see again. Looking back at your experiences makes me wish I was new to minecraft again, when playing MCSG was never for stats and I never had any chest routes. I could only learn to improve from that point and It's hard to find that same longing again. This was such a great collection of screenshots to look back at that I really enjoyed reading. Thank you!

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
I really enjoyed that. Congrats on 2000 posts. I like how old me snuck into chat for one of your screenies :) Good luck with the next 1000

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci