• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

~50 % Complete map, Have an intriguing question.

Dalucas

Spectator
Reaction score
So i'm in the middle of creating my very first MCSG map (Also my first experience with MCedit), and i've been having some ideas for custom spawners.

Would it be okay if I were to make some custom spawners in my map which spawned splash potions instead of mobs? would they work? / would you devs be okay with this?

(I have a hunch that they might work due to seeing creeper spawners activate and generate creepers in Kamunrah)

A fast reply would be lovely, so i can tailor my map to include / not include these spawners.

Cheers, Dalucas.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they would work, but I'm no expert. So basically this reply may or may not help you in any way or every way. But it was fast. ;)

SpaghettiSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Mob Spawners via MCEdit work, but are impossible to control. I suppose you could reduce the spawn rate, but wouldn't it be easier and less laggy to use command blocks? (/effect) Also, new features in 1.7 will add some pretty cool traps and ways to do stuff.

Dalucas

Spectator
Reaction score
I ended up implementing them in, they're easy enough to edit out if theres an issue. I have an mcedit filter which lets me control everything about the spawner, atm it spawns efficiency 10 speed potions (only 4 second duration) to speed the player along the more mundane areas of the map, They spawn quite frequently, but the detection radius is only 5 so the player has to be very close the the spawner for it to activate

Jjppoohhnn

Career
Reaction score
No potions are not allowed in MCSG maps it gets to op and it is in the rules so you can do it but it will not be implemented(your map) they will test it first and then take the nessacary risk of not accepting it becuase it had an overpowered potion.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci