• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff 6 Months as Staff

Bree

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Two days ago was my 6 month anniversary as a moderator on MCSG. That's half a year! Time flies when you enjoy what you do and thanks to Sebi | Sebiix I decided to make a thread about my time as a moderator.

Previously, I applied eight times on the forums before getting accepted. I had pretty much given up and was convinced that I was not meant to be a moderator on the MCGamer Network. One day I was talking to Levi and he told me to apply again. I was skeptical of it at first but with a little more persuasion from him, I finally applied for the ninth time. A couple days later I get a notification saying that my thread was moved to 'Pending' and that alone just blew my mind. Every previous time that I had applied, I was declined right on the spot. I never went to pending, I never had an interview, I was just declined and heartbroken. I was so happy, I texted Levi that day and told him I got pending. He was very excited as was I and soon after that I was having my interview on the 13th of August. I was a nervous wreck and I was hoping that I was going to become something that I've wanted to be for years. That day I became a mod and my whole life changed.

I made plenty of friends during my moderation time but one thing always keeps me stunned. I never thought I would be given so much love and affection from the staff team. I always thought that moderating was an independent thing and the other mods just stood around and helped you if you needed it. I was very wrong. As soon as I got moderator I was spammed with pokes, messages, verbal congratulations and it overwhelmed me because I didn't think I would be welcomed so warmly into the moderating community. Levi was so happy for me and I really have Levi to thank for everything I've accomplished. If it wasn't for him I would have never applied again and I would have never known that I could actually be a moderator.

Two months later, I was asked to become a trial Sr. Moderator and of course I accepted. However, it was probably one of the hardest things that I've had to do. I was very into school at the time. PSATs were occurring at that time and I was doing a lot for my school. I was looking into colleges and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Because of my distractions, I couldn't focus on my work as a Sr. Mod and became stressed from the amount of work that was needed to be done. Due to the stress, I decided to resign completely, thinking that being a mod in general was the problem. That wasn't the case. Three days later I asked to come back as a moderator and the administrators gladly welcomed me back. I wasn't stressed anymore, I was happy again with what I was doing and I'm proud of myself that I did what was right for me. When I resigned a lot of people asked me why I stepped down from the position, that I made a mistake and I should've kept it. I wouldn't want a job that I knew I couldn't do. I was asked because I was thought to be a good choice for a trial, I believe that it was the wrong time for me and that I can be a good one if I were to be given another chance. But being unhappy with what you do isn't exactly a good thing and I decided to do what was best for me and resign.

It was hard. All of my friends that became trials along with me, passed their trials. I was happy for them but there was a pit of sadness and there still is sometimes. Its like going to graduation with your class but you're not allowed to get your diploma because you can't graduate. You see all of your friends moving on while you're sitting in the background waiting for your next chance. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mod but seeing friends that used to be really close to you go on and do better things and just kind of forget about you can really hinder yourself as a person. I still keep in contact with my Sr. Mod friends even though we are never on at the same time. I try to keep up with their lifestyles so we can still be friends and my relationships have grown with most of them. This is what the community is about. It's not about who the best player is or who has the best ping/fps. It's about meeting new people and making relationships that will last a lifetime. And because of this community I feel as though I've completed myself and I've become more confident in myself as a person. So thank you to all the community members and staff members who have helped me during my time as a mod. Thank you!

Last edited:

Air

Platinum
Reaction score
Congrats Bree!Hopefully you remember me, I'm Airings! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci