• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

8 Years of Prison because of LoL

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
I thought I would make this thread to see peoples thoughts on Justin Carter and if it's unfair or not, if you haven't seen the article, here it is:

An 18-year-old Ohio teen is facing 8 years in prison for a sarcastic comment on the online game League of Legends.

Justin Carter and his buddies were having a sarcastic argument in the third person and, according to his father, went something like this:
“Someone had said something to the effect of ‘Oh you’re insane, you’re crazy, you’re messed up in the head,’ to which he replied ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’” recalled Justin’s dad Jack. “The next two lines were lol and jk.”
A woman in Canada saw the comment, took it literally, and tracked down Carter’s address through Google. Noticing that Carter’s home was near an elementary school, she immediately notified the police.
Justin was arrested and charged with making a terrorist threats.

Thoughts?

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
8 years is over the top. I mean are these people 100% sure that 18 year-old was serious?

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score
This man is gonna get put in a place with people that have actullay commited crime. He's gonna get put with murderers, rapists and sick people.
I feel sorry for this man.
And I will always stand by what I say: America is the stupidest country in the world.
(Obviously no offence to any american on this forum)

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. The Internet is full of stupid SARCASTIC comments that are meant to be jokes. If that Canadian woman would of stuck around to listen to more of the conversation, she would of found out that it was a joke. I find the sentence extremely unfair.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
This man is gonna get put in a place with people that have actullay commited crime. He's gonna get put with murderers, rapists and sick people.
I feel sorry for this man.
And I will always stand by what I say: America is the stupidest country in the world.
(Obviously no offence to any american on this forum)
A youtuber who talked about this made a funny but bad joke about what is going to happen to him in prison..

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
Whether or not he was joking is irrelevant... There's nothing funny about making a terrorist threat... You've got to think before you rage and say dumb stuff...
Remember .. Why you mad,?!? Is only game (Russian accent)

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Heck, even the kid who made out an elaborate plan (which he never intended to execute) at my old high school that would kill several students and teachers/staff, then eliminate himself after the fact, was arrested but wasn't put in prison/jail... this was no more than a year ago.

Edit: To be fair, yes, he should be punished for what he said, but not with jail time for something that may not have been serious. However, the kid that made the elaborate plan at my old high school should've received jail time in comparison to this case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci