• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A forums suggestion.

How should the New Posts be sorted?

• Total voters

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Hey, there, glad you found my thread. :)

So, recently I was browsing through the 'New Posts' section on the forums bar and was a bit frustrated that most of the posts are regarding clans and takes you a couple of pages to find a thread about a topic not related to clans. I'm just going to get right to the point and say that maybe we should make a section in the 'New Posts' for only clan related threads to make it easier to find a good thread to chat on for people that use the forums other than to apply for clans. Thanks for reading, that's about all.​

TL;DR: Go read it, it's not that long!​

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
I agree, Clans seem to overfill the Forums. I do enjoy clans, but I think it does seem to block out other threads. I agree 100% with this. :)

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
While I agree the clan threads spam up the section, I don't think it's worth it to create two seperate sections for this. Rather, I'd say the best thing to do would be just hide the updates to clan threads from the section entirely. In general, people who are looking for a clan look through the section. People who want to post on their own clan thread know where that is. I don't really see a reason for the entire forum community to have to see each and every time a post is made on one of those many... many threads.

Great idea, overall :D

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
I just necroposted a thread that was 2 years old on the first page of 'new posts', anyway, I kind of agree with you. It takes way to long time to find anything else rather than clans. I also think it should be 'New threads' for MCG, then it will be easier to find out whats actually going on 'right now'.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I like the suggestion... but as a moderator I think you might want to move this to "Feature Suggestions"

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Separate both, or perhaps a 'new posts' list could be made for all active subforums (eg. no new posts for things like ban appeals and whatnot).

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I like the suggestion... but as a moderator I think you might want to move this to "Feature Suggestions"
The only reason I have it in Community Corner is to get feedback from the community before I bring it up to higher staff. :p

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The only reason I have it in Community Corner is to get feedback from the community before I bring it up to higher staff. :p
Interesting idea but still...I think the community can find it in feature suggestions especially if you put the thread in your status.

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
I definitely agree. Whenever I click New Posts, it can be pretty annoying. I think this would make finding threads easier. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci