• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Friends Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Before you say NOO NOO NOO, hear me out. :p

So, this is feature basically to aid teams/clan wars and all that jazz. Simply, the feature is that you can add friends. Being friends with player can tell you.
- What Lobby are they in. (Helps with getting into your friends game. Or into the clan war with the other clan.)
- When they log on to the server.
- Ability to MSG them when they are in the lobby, not in a game. You can then directly talk to your friend without having some other program to communicate with them open.
All the ranks other than the normal rank and the donate-able (Yes, that's a word.) ranks, will have a only request feature. This means they can only get friends with requesting themselves. An exception applies when someone of one of these special ranks requests them. So say, a Iron Sponsor tried to become friends with some Admin/Mod. The Admin/Mod would not receive it. For them to become friends the Admin/Mod must ask the Iron Sponsor to become friends. However, if a Mod asked another Mod to become friends the other mod would still receive it. This would need to be implemented to stop people spamming the mods with requests. Oh yeah, and you can only send a request once. This is to stop people spamming other peoples. If people have pending requests (neither accepted, or declined) they will be given a pop-up saying "You have 1 request pending." every time they log onto the MCGamer hub.
If you want to become friends with someone that you already declined, the person who declined must send a request. If this happens so both people have declined each other but now want to become friends, you can probably ask a staff member to make them friends.

Thanks for reading, Zach.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like an idea that could be abused if implemented, though I'm sure someone will probably think of something. I like it though, I just would hope I couldn't receive requests from anyone but other staff members and maybe not even that lol.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like an idea that could be abused if implemented, though I'm sure someone will probably think of something. I like it though, I just would hope I couldn't receive requests from anyone but other staff members and maybe not even that lol.
I mentioned that at the bottom. It says Mods/Admin can't receive requests from players with the normal rank, and the gold, iron and diamond donor rank. I don't know whether they should be able to receive requests from VIPs/Friends.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I mentioned that at the bottom. It says Mods/Admin can't receive requests from players with the normal rank, and the gold, iron and diamond donor rank. I don't know whether they should be able to receive requests from VIPs/Friends.
I wouldn't want receive any. I'd rather invite whoever I want. xD

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
So have a setting which does not allow for invites?
/requestsoff or something
Yeah, and that for anyone. Even non-donors because the odds wouldn't be too good that they'd be getting requests anyway and that way anyone has the option to turn them off. :)

chrisfire56

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a promising feature. I've always wanted to stalk my friends on here... All good servers have a friend feature. MCGamer needs this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci