• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A glitch I've been noticing...that needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernerd

Tribute
Reaction score
(I didn't know where to put this thread exactly, so please don't be harsh if I did put this in the wrong forum.)

I've been noticing, that sometimes when you open chests. Some of your items either disappear, or change.For instance, today, I had gotten a chainmail chest plate, and as I opened a chest, it disappeared in my inventory. I have some video proof of this sorta thing happening to a friend of mine. I think this glitch can be a major game changer if it is not stopped.

Here is the video. Go to 6:40 -6:46.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This has never happened to me before, but yeah. Your items disappeared when you opened the chest. Weird

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its lag. No doubt. Somebody took the items first and your computer didnt catch up with the update until you opened the chest. Youhave a firm 2 second lag between the server and your computer.

James Brooks

Spectator
Reaction score
I know what causes this. It's when you're getting items from a chest with someone else also taking items. When you take the items the other person has also already clicked it, but the server is not quick enough to respond and so when you try to use it the server corrects itself and cancels the item in your inventory.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its not the server, if you watch the whole video, thers a constant lag between block breaks and the lever.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, but how did he lose his items when he opened the chest?

Supernerd

Tribute
Reaction score
Oh! I forgot to mention I didn't lose my item from at the cornucopia. (Cause I already know about that) I had gotten the chainmail armor from the cornucopia and left, but I hadn't put on the items yet so I wouldn't get targeted early. And when I opened a different chest about 5 minutes later, it disappeared.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Somebody else shift clicked them first and he didnt actually get those items. It happens with lag. Before i upgraded my internet i had ths problem.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes. Its bad connection between your internet provider and the servers.

Neofelis

Tribute
Reaction score
I've had this on chests no one else was at, and I have very little connection lag generally.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Oh and btw, its an old video from the beta. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member