• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Great Couple of Months for MCGamer

Do you support what MCGamer has done the past couple of months?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
As many people here have probably noticed, MCGamer has undergone multiple changes in the past couple of months. From big things like MCSG Maker, to small things like quantum going back up, MCGamer's Sr. Staff has made it clear that they wanted change. As a result of some of those changes, the community is awake and lively again. I believe, after a long time of community downfall, that MCGamer is back on track; however, there is still work to be done.

Around last March, I saw a tremendous decline in the amount of members on the server. The server numbers were down to 1,000 on good days. There was little conversation in-game, and there were maybe 10 servers filled at once. Fed up with the lack of staff listening to them and disappointed with the experience they had here, people were leaving, and doing so rapidly. Even at this lack of player base, there was no expeditious attempt to revert this trend; therefore, more and more populace departed.

From late 2014 to late 2015, people everywhere were calling for a modification of certain community and staff policies. In addition, people wanted a better anti-cheat, solo-sg, the ability to create private survival games matches, and other things. It became evident that in order for MCGamer to became the blossoming and buoyant network it was in early 2014, a lot of revisions were going to have to be made.

Unfortunately, however, the wrong changes were made. Though I originally supported many of the things MCGamer did, I didn't after I truly realized the effects of those changes. New maps, different server numbering, and bugs came with MCGamer v2. What was portrayed as a positive change for the entire network, it ended up being the opposite. Though many of it's provisions were helpful and enjoyed by the community, others were not. It ultimately was disapproved by the community.

Now, after a year, MCGamer is making some huge changes. MCSG Maker, which has been largely supported, made it's way to the network around Christmas time; premium members having the ability to make custom channels has come along, more moderators have joined, a new anti-cheat has arrived, and many other things have happened. Overall, the last couple of months has brought MCGamer on it's feet; and not only that, but MCGamer is jumping to the sky. It's become evident that staff is interested in the community's opinion. New things that were almost unanimously denied in the past are being implemented, and as a result the network has been built up to 3,000+ people on at certain times.

So, to conclude, what else do you guys feel can be done? And, do you support what has been done already?

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
IMO MCGamer should focus more on some big game modes, not all those minigames. Get creative back, make a survival server ( doesn't have to be PvP related ), 1v1's etc. Make it so the player doesn't have to leave to another server to play other things.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I believe they should bring back Creative, Factions and the possible inclusions of 1v1's and possibly a Clan War gamemode. Where it could be much like MCSG Maker, but you choose clanmates to go into the war, what map, no specs, grace period etc. It would basically be like MCSG Maker, with a few extras. :)

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
Well, to be honest MCGamer is doing a great job in those last months and I completely support them.
I also think that they should focus more on new gamemodes that the most part of the community likes and would like to see added on this server like a 1v1s system or UHCs (and fix the flint and steel glitch please).

J

District 13
Reaction score
I'd say that they're definitely doing a great job of working on things that the community wants. I do believe that they should focus more on some of the bugs that interfere with gameplay such as the FnS and the anti-cheat. Other than that, I'd say they're doing a good job with the current updates. My only suggestion would be to add Creative/Survival, remove some of the gamemodes that are glitchy and not played as much such as ZedChase and Survival Bingo. Create a hosted UHCs so that people will be more interested in that and it will run more smoothly with someone leading it. Concerning 1v1s, I'm actually going to say that they should not implement this. Badlion mainly rose because of their 1v1 system and if we had one here, it wouldn't go as successful as it would on Badlion's end. It's quite popular that they even had a tournament for $1000 therefore I believe that MCGamer should focus more on removing gamemodes that aren't played and implementing new gamemodes with something to do with PvP.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I just read the whole thread including all the replies and I agree with everything you have stated in this post. If anyone has any other suggestions I will be happy to pass them on to Senior Staff :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci