• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A letter to Staff/Future Staff.

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
in Australia the working age is 14 years and 9 months
Sorry but I had to fix this. The working age limit is 14 years old. Must at most jobs its 16 but at the age of 16 you can apply at some places like I did.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
Sorry but I had to fix this. The working age limit is 14 years old. Must at most jobs its 16 but at the age of 16 you can apply at some places like I did.
In my area it was always 14 years 9 months, I was denied positions in many places because I had only just turned 14. It may have changed since then, but my brother had to wait aswel and he is 15 currently. I'm almost 19 now.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Okay I have some mixed emotions regarding this thread so I will point it out with each paragraph.

As staff, you are the leaders of these servers. Your job is to enforce rules and keep the server at a sane level. You must keep apparent that your job is to make the servers a better place with ensuring justice. You are not dictators, you are the staff. Learn where your boundaries, and don’t let the selfishness of your secular thought get in the way of who you’re as a person. There must be a line drawn to how you treat your people. The people in whom you punished were your people. You were once a regular player, and once, you depended on the justice of the leaders to keep sanity in the servers. You’re now that leader. Power can lead to evil, evil leads to corruptness, and that leads to malice, and that leads to the apparent end of our servers, not your servers, our servers. Balance power, justice, and ethics, and know how you treat your people.
Now this just seems like you're kind of bashing on the staff. Especially the part I bolded within the quote. You're telling us we're not dictators and that we need to know where our boundaries are, but you can't just tell us to do something without providing an example or evidence. Not once have I seen any staff member act like a Dictator. Yes, we have some naughty mods here and there who abuse their powers, but they're not dictators. They're just flaws in the Moderation Team. The definition of the word Dictator is "one who has obtained power by force." Even if we wanted to be a dictator of the community, a regular Moderator does not have the power to. And in no way do we ever get to the position we are in "through force."

And I tell you to not to try your hardest to be of Senior Staff. You strive for it in the most wrong ways. You act clean and polished to your peers but treat your people as garbage. It is not wrong to make it a goal, but you are to be mod to help the people. Your intentions are wrong and selfish, you deserve to be cast out if your intentions are perverted in a sense of it being distorted and unworthy of you having that rank.
Yes, some people come in and tryhard for Sr. Staff. You can mention that it's evident, however bashing it in a certain way like this is completely unnecessary. Also, if you are going to bash the staff team like this, let's have some evidence to provide that we "act clean and polished to our peers but treat our people as garbage." Rarely have I seen someone treat their colleagues with respect, and not treat the community the same. Of course, we will run into more community members that we dislike over staff members, because a lot of community members' goals is to piss off staff, but we don't treat anybody in the community like garbage. Anybody can back this statement up.

When you’re to punish a player, I urge you to never jump to conclusions. Investigate, figure it out, bring the pieces together, and I also urge you to never do punishments without figuring the problem. You are running away from your problems and being lazy by giving a person a punishment undeserved. You’re to actually do your job correctly, and figure out what’s going on to fully cultivate the experience and fix the problem at hand.
First of all, just know that if we are to jump to conclusions with anybody's issues or punishments we will get in trouble. But you tell us that we are running away from our problems and we are being lazy while doing this. When? Where? How? How do you see this and I don't. I don't see only good in the community, as I see both many positives and negatives. Once again, where is your evidence to prove that this statement you exclaim is valid?

I urge the age limit for moderation comes to an end and any age may apply for mod. It is not the age that defines the character of one. That is the way he leads and becomes the follower, not the one who is following. He must demonstrate the true virtue of leadership and justice, patience, self-control, selflessness, kindness, and maturity. As a staff, you must define one heavily by the way they treat others. Justice and leadership begin at home. You must rise to the challenge, and not let an age limit define the wisdom you are potentially capable of.
Alright I like this paragraph right here. The part I bolded within a quote is just great. You can be 10 but display some of the best leadership qualities anyone would ever see. I guess if we were to bring back the Age-Exception back, there would be very high standards, but then again I don't even know if it will ever be coming back :/

I could talk about the other paragraphs but I honestly do not have the energy. Anyways, it seems like you talk about what the issues are rather than how we can fix them. As staff members, we know that these are existing issues but we want to know from a community POV on how we can fix them.

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
Well i can tell you. Almost 2 years ago now I got accepted into maccas the day I turned 14. Although maccas is shady af

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Speaking on your point about us investigating hackers.

Innocent before proven guilty. That's a personal guideline as well as one that most of us follow in our investigations of users hacking. Unfortunately we aren't perfect, but we certainly do try :)

Reaction score
I was saying if there is no age limit on mcsg, there are going to be 9 year old kids that have no grammar skills and are squeakers. Also MCSG has to remain professional
Sorry bro just misinterpreted what you said. Good point tho
Now in regards to "jumping to conclusions" when punishing a player, we do attempt to defuse situations before punishing them, when any form of disrespect/abuse anything along those lines happens in the games/hubs, we as staff still have to follow the correct procedure given to us by the Sr Staff/Admins, we give a warning and attempt to help the players sort out their situation calmly, but when the situation gets out of hand and they refuse to calm down we are required to just go with the appropriate punishment as players should know the rules when they join our servers and if they don't it isn't up to us to educate them when they have already broken the rules, it is their responsibility to learn the rules of the server.
I didn't target this at you considering I don't know you well, but there are mods and ex mods as I could mention that do this, and countless others and I just felt to address that.

And for jumping to conclusions, many mods that Ive seen have punished a player without even leaving their channel without evidence. Thats what i was referring to.
Okay I have some mixed emotions regarding this thread so I will point it out with each paragraph.

Now this just seems like you're kind of bashing on the staff. Especially the part I bolded within the quote. You're telling us we're not dictators and that we need to know where our boundaries are, but you can't just tell us to do something without providing an example or evidence. Not once have I seen any staff member act like a Dictator. Yes, we have some naughty mods here and there who abuse their powers, but they're not dictators. They're just flaws in the Moderation Team. The definition of the word Dictator is "one who has obtained power by force." Even if we wanted to be a dictator of the community, a regular Moderator does not have the power to. And in no way do we ever get to the position we are in "through force."

Yes, some people come in and tryhard for Sr. Staff. You can mention that it's evident, however bashing it in a certain way like this is completely unnecessary. Also, if you are going to bash the staff team like this, let's have some evidence to provide that we "act clean and polished to our peers but treat our people as garbage." Rarely have I seen someone treat their colleagues with respect, and not treat the community the same. Of course, we will run into more community members that we dislike over staff members, because a lot of community members' goals is to piss off staff, but we don't treat anybody in the community like garbage. Anybody can back this statement up.

First of all, just know that if we are to jump to conclusions with anybody's issues or punishments we will get in trouble. But you tell us that we are running away from our problems and we are being lazy while doing this. When? Where? How? How do you see this and I don't. I don't see only good in the community, as I see both many positives and negatives. Once again, where is your evidence to prove that this statement you exclaim is valid?

Alright I like this paragraph right here. The part I bolded within a quote is just great. You can be 10 but display some of the best leadership qualities anyone would ever see. I guess if we were to bring back the Age-Exception back, there would be very high standards, but then again I don't even know if it will ever be coming back :/

I could talk about the other paragraphs but I honestly do not have the energy. Anyways, it seems like you talk about what the issues are rather than how we can fix them. As staff members, we know that these are existing issues but we want to know from a community POV on how we can fix them.
this letter was written with the intentions to foreshadow events that a future mod or a mod in this time to warn people to not do really anything wrong.

As for i bashing the staff, I am not, and I apologize if it seemed that way, I really do. What I meant from mods acting as dictators is that mods will treat someone with such little respect and the mod might have wrong information, but that cant be told because the mod begs for unnecessary silence and the situation will be brought astray with wrong information.

With Sr Mod "Bashing", still dont see how Im bashing, just giving and pointing out faults in some careers of staff.

And how would I get evidence of many of my points, enlighten me with that? You just can not be so naive to the point in which you expect me to put it out of my way to get evidence which would be obtainable with audio in TS, which by the way, is disallowed with a ban! You simply can not expect me to get evidence when its almost unlikely it would be done without getting in trouble (sorry if I bashed you in this, im trying to break that habit tbh)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci